Photshop and Video Editing programs and Tips

MattKatz

I am looking for some cool photoshop and video editing programs that are free or Cheap. I want to start making some cool pics and videos for the Rapetruck. I know there are a few guys here that do a lot with both, so looking for what I can get. I am not looking to buy multi hundred dollar programs just to play around with.

Info on the programs some of you guys use and tips and trick for a newbie on photo or video editing would be awsomes. Pretend I don't know anything and I am using an I5 MAchine with Windows7.

The latest iteration of Movie Maker works fine for most everything I put up on my YouTube channel. Really all I use are simple transitions and occasionally text/lower third stuff, but I know there is a whole community out there to help get the most out of it.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/movie-maker#t1=overview

When you go to install it, it will want you to install other stuff. Uncheck everything but Movie Maker.

sorry to hijack but is movie maker what I would need to paste together a bunch of short videos of my son the last couple years in order to put on a DVD? I'd like to find something I can make one movie with and have a short black screen, or fade before each, if that make sense?

your talking over this rookies head now.

Question wasn't necc. directed towards you, but in a nutshell there are various video formats you can choose for your finished movie, .Avi being one of the most common. You'll also need to choose a compressor/codec that will scale down the size of the final .Avi video.