Winter tires poll

Mojoe

Do you run winter tires?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Do you run winter tires?

• Yes
    • No

Not trolling here, genuine question: do winter tires improve stopping ability at all?QUOTE]

Glad to see the replies to your post. Pretty good show of stopping difference in this vid.

Great video to show the benefits and I've actually driven on that track too!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need my validation. I have now received it. Thank you.

This thread is about Winter tires. Troll or off topic, i don't know. But, here you go.

I did a search for you, since you wanted to talk about brakes and upgrade.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112860&highlight=brake+pads

I don't think the brake vs. tires argument is valid. Most stock brakes can lock up the tires and cause ABS to engage. Once ABS is on the brakes can not perform any better. Upgrading the brakes won't help then with regards to street driving conditions. Brake fade, a reason to upgrade them on the track, rarely is a concern on the street.

I don't think the brake vs. tires argument is valid. Most stock brakes can lock up the tires and cause ABS to engage. Once ABS is on the brakes can not perform any better. Upgrading the brakes won't help then with regards to street driving conditions. Brake fade, a reason to upgrade them on the track, rarely is a concern on the street.

keep buying your napa gold pads and think that. :dumb:

No winter tires... This is why..

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n247/BDOZZER/03truck2.jpg

:gabe::gabe::gabe:

A guy in my apt complex has a similar truck. His front tires (same as yours) are worn down below the wear bars, I laugh every time I see him understeer out of the complex.

I would actually rather drive my old 99 altima with all season tires over this on days when it is ice and just a few inches of snow. I just feel more stable closer to the ground.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc178/1fstws6/70%20Chevelle/000_0981-1.jpg

Now if we talk about a lot of deep snow ,the truck will do the job.

Didnt read the whole thread, but has anyone looked real world tread life of a proper winter/summer tire combo. I would guess it would be close to the tread life of 2 sets of all seasons tires.

Not with me driving ...

I have a feeling this new set would last only for this season.