Winter tires poll

Mojoe

Do you run winter tires?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Do you run winter tires?

• Yes
    • No

If I had the money, there'd be no reason not to, imo. "I have AWD" and "it doesn't snow enuf" are ignorantly stated excuses. Sorry guys. ;)

That being said, the all seasons on my Vibe (which are supposed to do well in light snow, as well) do ok as long as I drive accordingly. The all terrains on the RAV are just about unfreakinstoppable. Though, I still feel I could turn the earth under me with grip in the snow if I had dedicated winter tires on it.

...They've made improvements in the tires since I purchased this set and I'll probably replace them next year with X-Ice 3 tires despite there being plenty of tread left on them.

I'm sure someone may purchase those off of you next season if that's the case.

Edited by ImUrOBGYN
  • Upvote 1

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put yes as on my MS3 I do because that fucker goes through anything with them on. Never drove it in deep snow without them. The first year I took it to the U.P. of Michigan in 9+ inch snow falls and pushed around like it had a plow on it. Never came close to getting stuck.

The Fusion is a co. car so it runs on Stock MXV's or whatever good stuff Derek put on there. Night and day difference. Would run winter tires if the co. would tolerate me buying them.

Was going to use them but crashed my car before I could get them put on.

Paul, SRT, Driving normal......

Yeah that's what I said... "paul" driving the SRT. BOOOSTTTTT BRAPPP AP AP APPPPP

May or may not have had many races in the snow in that car. I think I even took it out the snow drags a time or two.

Man I miss that pos

"I have AWD" and "it doesn't snow enuf" are ignorantly stated excuses. Sorry guys. ;)

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=778&pictureid=6819

"No". :)

Sometimes I run them on my corolla's. Almost like having a 4x4.

:lol:

I haven't ran the Mich's Doc is talking about, and never had a set before those on the truck. After getting them on the truck I'll look towards Mich's from here on out. Those things are far better (IMO) than the BFG's I always ran/swore by.

If I were you I'd look into what Doc is talking about if srs.

If you have a rwd vehicle, just weight it down and drive sensible. I drove a Tacoma rwd truck in Ohio winter for two years without any problem.

This. I don't run them because fwd beater. This is the first car I have owned through a winter with fwd, I've always had rwd vehicles and never used snow tires. Hell I learned to drive in a 2wd ranger in the winter time. My wife's durango has 4wd, drives like the pavement is dry no matter what the pavement looks like in 4 wheel, and it has all seasons on it.

No, they don't.

This was before the days of you son, they worked great!

Hey, the 6x6 is plugged in keeping the engine nice and toasty just in case :lol:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/EWhytsell/IMG_16611_zpsc62401aa.jpg

This guy Wins the internet today.