The "other" CC&C - shutdown??? UPDATE

zeitgeist57

I still have a fair amount of cards that can be passed out as well, and now that I will have income again I can once again become active. Clay lmk if thee is anything I can do

Definitely, Scott. For now, Just talk to any hot rodders and club members you know of. The more older metal there the better.

So, apparently D.Wiggs IS getting involved with their group, and with Kevan and I working together as good guys trying to talk with Paul after his quitting announcement, we're both saying F@CK'EM and we're amping up our game this year.

- We're redoing the cc&c.net website. It'll be much more visually appealing (photo/video focused) and will have more information.

- I've spoken to Studio 47 (where Craig and Trina both said that the other group has become "stale" and "way too politicized") about ideas for promotions. More convos with shops/car groups to come.

- Every week we'll try to put together a video or photo montage with interviews and content for our site and Facebook page.

So..

From IPS to Byers to OhioBimmers, Z.R.O.C., SCCA, and everywhere in-between, I'm asking all of you as car guys to reach out and have people call me by PM, email (columbuscarsandcoffee@gmail.com) or cell (614-578-2685 call or text). I want partners that will co-promote their car-related shop/business/services, car clubs that have special events

- AutoX, rallyX, drag racing events

- Car shows like GoodGuys, Arthritis Car Show,TimmayFest or QSL cruise-ins on Friday evenings

- Car Club events like Hocking Hill/555 cruises, fundraisers

- Open houses for car shops

...all for FREE on our site and Facebook page. The "every-Saturday-rain-or-shine-Cup-O'-Joe" meets are the foundation, but we will use our group to be a megaphone for other car interests in Columbus. We will own nothing, but leverage our core group of supporters to promote car-community events that we can all enjoy. I've never done this before, but were doing it now.

Simple fact is: where other cities get by just fine with one Cars and Coffee group, Paul has seen fit to muddy the waters, and fracture the car community here in Columbus with his own agenda. Cars and Coffee is a passion project, not a business-generating entity, and while we've grown a lot in the last 5 years I want to do everything I can to grow our group even more with the help of everyone willing to add car-themed content and color to our events.

PLEASE DON'T COPY/PASTE THIS INTO OTHER FORUMS. Columbus Racing has been a great base to help me easily get Cars and Coffee up and running, and with such a diverse mix I'm looking to quietly let you all know what I'd like to do. Anyone - or any group - that you want me to talk to personally and face-to-face, just let me know or, better yet, give me an intro and I'll be happy to initiate the conversation.

Look forward to talking with people in the near future!

Fuck him. I will work some of my industry contacts as I can, and have some other ideas to talk with you about.

Wiggs is a cancer on the local car community.

hmmm.

OK, OK...fair enough. :) To clarify, our core group - and foundation - is the Saturday morning meets, where people can "come as they are" and enjoy a great atmosphere. I may bend the rules slightly this year by allowing "sponsors" like IPS or Studio 47 bring some cars down to Cup O'Joe, but with the intention of free coffee or doughnuts for attendees. You gotta problem with that??? :)

Clay, what about evening dinner events and some drives? You can attract a whole new group who likes these activities if you want to by doing these.

Oh, yes, a Tesla event is in order....

Scotty, drives absolutely. Dinner events? Let's talk specifics. I don't know about Ella, for example...but a Friday-night-dinner-with-coupons-for-coffee-the-next-day with another sponsor would definitely be doable...and we can help promote that event. A Tesla open-house that we can promote is definitely in the cards. :thumbup:

The big thing is opening our group to both new events, as well as getting "outsiders" (new peeps) to be welcomed on Saturday mornings at Cup O' Joe.

New website will have a calendar, and I need to fill it...

We should target a big kick off date for Cup O' Joe, confirm via weather a week or so before hand and promote as much as possible. I think there is some tipping point, where if a bunch of new people come out on the first nice spring weekend and there are 150+ cars, they have a ton of fun, tell all of their friends and the event will grow by leaps and bounds. If we can get a few nice weekends with big turnout I think that would be huge.

We should target a big kick off date for Cup O' Joe, confirm via weather a week or so before hand and promote as much as possible. I think there is some tipping point, where if a bunch of new people come out on the first nice spring weekend and there are 150+ cars, they have a ton of fun, tell all of their friends and the event will grow by leaps and bounds. If we can get a few nice weekends with big turnout I think that would be huge.

I agree. I'm taking the next couple of months to talk to people and line up events that they are doing, or want to work with us to do together.

Big thing is to start thinking now about how you can help promote the group. Who do you know that's a car guy/girl? What auto forums can you plug into to spread the word once we make new plans outside of our Saturday mornings?

Get to thinking, and let me know what ideas you all have...

I agree. I'm taking the next couple of months to talk to people and line up events that they are doing, or want to work with us to do together.

Big thing is to start thinking now about how you can help promote the group. Who do you know that's a car guy/girl? What auto forums can you plug into to spread the word once we make new plans outside of our Saturday mornings?

Get to thinking, and let me know what ideas you all have...

The TV thing should not be an issue, we just need to figure out how we want to craft the coverage and how big we want to go that day.

I'm going to play devil's advocate for a minute, doing all this based off of what some other DB is doing is stupid. Trying to make it into something it wasn't intended to be in the first place is also stupid. What we have been doing has worked fine for years now. So I do not agree with this new approach. I will continue to come and tell people about it like I always have but if things start to get dumb I want no part of it. I feel that this will effectivly change the atmosphere and potential do more harm then good. I hope I am wrong.

I can see both sides of it. On one hand it's nice to have an event that always occurs at the same time and place. That way the non - regulars always know where to go.

On the other hand, everyone that goes is a car enthusiast and it would be cool to have someone like IPS or Tesla open their doors for the day and give free tours. As long as it remains about the car hobby, not not making a sale.

Agreed and was exactly what I was thinking when I posted the 'we'. About spreading the word around work, other car friends who maybe don't know about CC&C or for whatever reason haven't been out yet.

I'm going to play devil's advocate for a minute, doing all this based off of what some other DB is doing is stupid. Trying to make it into something it wasn't intended to be in the first place is also stupid. What we have been doing has worked fine for years now. So I do not agree with this new approach. I will continue to come and tell people about it like I always have but if things start to get dumb I want no part of it. I feel that this will effectivly change the atmosphere and potential do more harm then good. I hope I am wrong.

Let's take the DB out of the scenario. All we're doing this year, is reaching out to the community more than we did in the last 5 years. Nothing changes about Cup O'Joe on Saturday mornings, and that's a good thing because it works for everyone. If that's all anyone did is come by Saturday mornings, it'll be like nothing's different except for a bigger and more diverse group of car enthusiasts, which has always been our goal from the beginning. If the upside is everyone gets a free doughnut or cup of coffee on the occasional Saturday morning, then I'd hope people take that as a nice "plus" to attending something they were going to do anyway.

I'm simply making an effort to integrate more car groups onboard to CC&C. If Saturday mornings start getting wierd (aside from videos!) let me know. We won't know if this works until we try.

BELIEVE ME, I want nothing more than a largely autonomous program that needs nothing to grow and strive. This might be that year, because we have grown so much. We'll see!

On the other hand, everyone that goes is a car enthusiast and it would be cool to have someone like IPS or Tesla open their doors for the day and give free tours. As long as it remains about the car hobby, not not making a sale.

We would be all about it. We were just talking about scheduling a few "Open House" type of events for this very reason. No "Dyno Day" or service or sales. Just bringing in food and maybe music or whatever and hanging out and talking cars. If it was to be paired with something like this all the better.

Jeff