Getting the SAAB tuned

PRD2BDF

Basically a programmer that holds your original tune so you can revert back to stock if needed. Comes with three tunes: normal, mild, and aggressive. Also can alter wheel size for speedometer and raise the speed limiter. The factory tune is so restrained and the tune simply removes the restraints and this is what the motor naturally produces without any mods other than colder plugs.

Mine is the 2.8T V6. Gets about 20 in city and 25-29 highway.

I suggest the 2.0T, it's much more economical (my old one got 38 mpg highway).

Edit: and with the tune, mpg actually increases a couple provided you're not flooring it every time.

So what is going to be the weak link that breaks with 150tq increase? The factory limits the car for a reason, whether its to increase the longevity of certain parts, emissions, or some other reason. It's good to know why it doesn't make more power from the factory. Don't get me wrong making more power is cool, and I'm all for it, I just don't want to see your car broken in a few months.

Take my Camaro for example, I removed the limiters and it broke the flexplate. Pretty soon the trans stared slipping, not to mention all the weak stock rear axle issues. 4th gen f-bodies were a case of putting a V6 drivetrain behind a good running V8. However you take my Miata and you don't have those issues, the stock tuning and related stuff limits stuff due to emissions, and you have to try to break stuff as the car can be pushed on the stock parts for awhile.

Just my two cents, I wish you good luck modding your Saab.

So what is going to be the weak link that breaks with 150tq increase? The factory limits the car for a reason, whether its to increase the longevity of certain parts, emissions, or some other reason. It's good to know why it doesn't make more power from the factory. Don't get me wrong making more power is cool, and I'm all for it, I just don't want to see your car broken in a few months.

Take my Camaro for example, I removed the limiters and it broke the flexplate. Pretty soon the trans stared slipping, not to mention all the weak stock rear axle issues. 4th gen f-bodies were a case of putting a V6 drivetrain behind a good running V8. However you take my Miata and you don't have those issues, the stock tuning and related stuff limits stuff due to emissions, and you have to try to break stuff as the car can be pushed on the stock parts for awhile.

This and I HIGHLY recomend taking it to a dyno after you get the tune. The reason is that a canned tune is not the same as a full on dyno tune.

There might be an issue you are not aware of with the car, add a canned tune to the mix and you will have wear issues or worse.

I almost did the same thing but took my car to Dyno Brian before I knew better. He threw the car on the dyno and found my car was deadly lean due to an issue I was not aware of. If I would have put the canned tune in the car it could have been bad.

Just something to think about, I would hate to see you kill your car for no good reason.

Biggest limiting factor in a manual car is clutch.

Basically a programmer that holds your original tune so you can revert back to stock if needed. Comes with three tunes: normal, mild, and aggressive. Also can alter wheel size for speedometer and raise the speed limiter. The factory tune is so restrained and the tune simply removes the restraints and this is what the motor naturally produces without any mods other than colder plugs.

Mine is the 2.8T V6. Gets about 20 in city and 25-29 highway.

I suggest the 2.0T, it's much more economical (my old one got 38 mpg highway).

Edit: and with the tune, mpg actually increases a couple provided you're not flooring it every time.

Why are you not having Dyno Brian do a custom tune on it? What's nice about the newer Saab is you can use HP Tuners just like a GM car.

Why are you not having Dyno Brian do a custom tune on it? What's nice about the newer Saab is you can use HP Tuners just like a GM car.

Goodness. I just figured Saabs couldn't do that since he was looking at a off the shelf tune...

Knowing this, there is ZERO reason not to do just that.

Man I hate torque steer. Never again for me. Had a GTI 1.8t and it was not terrible but noticeable and it was slow. Got a 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 which redefined torque steer for me. First time I punched it I thought I broke something as the steering wheel tried to detach my hands and it headed for the ditch...then the middle lane. I was like WTF? Ohhhhh so that is torque steer.

Man I hate torque steer. Never again for me. Had a GTI 1.8t and it was not terrible but noticeable and it was slow. Got a 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 which redefined torque steer for me. First time I punched it I thought I broke something as the steering wheel tried to detach my hands and it headed for the ditch...then the middle lane. I was like WTF? Ohhhhh so that is torque steer.

Excellent description....

Well bring the pitchforks then because at the time of the posting, I ordered the tune already. I chose this company for a reason.

I don't have to worry about the clutch as it is an autotragic as some of you aptly put it.

Well bring the pitchforks then because at the time of the posting, I ordered the tune already. I chose this company for a reason.

I don't have to worry about the clutch as it is an autotragic as some of you aptly put it.

:dumb:

INB4 "No gains, seems worse, engine blown, etc."