WWCR do to my Camaro?

Cordell

what is more fun  

49 members have voted

1. 1. what is more fun

• convert to 6 speed for a fun weekend toy
    • leave it an automatic and go drag racing

Anyone who knows me knows that I debate about my car all the time. At this point it has the nitrous motor in it still, a mild 4L60, and a stock 10 bolt. Laying in the garage next to it is most of a T56 swap, another stock 10 bolt, and an LQ4 that needs rebuilt. I ultimately will buy another rear end, likely a Moser 9" eventually. What direction would you go? I can easily get the money back out of these 6 speed parts so I'm not dead set on swapping it.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to leave it a straight-line car, leave the '60 in it, sell the T56, use that money from the T56 sale to go towards a Moser 9". Keep the LQ9 around to rebuild once you get the 9" in it and when your current engine decides to let loose.

My solution was to go both ways, but with two cars. I love having a 6-speed on the street, but at the track it was costing me time. My thought is to do the 6-speed swap, and find a cheap rolling chassis for a track car.

Baring that, do the 6-speed swap and enjoy driving your car on the street more than you do now. Race it at the track if you want. I've seen older rolling chassis racecars for not much more than I spent on my Moser 9" for my Camaro.

Turbo LS Dragster?

As someone who swapped a 6speed into an auto car I say leave it auto. I love driving my car as a stick but I wish I had just saved up more and bought a stick 4th gen to go with my 3rd gen. Mine has been a pia and is still not right. Enjoy what you have or buy another stick car. Good luck.

T56 all day

I wouldn't really care how fast it is in a straight line or how consistent it is at a track, it's still an auto at the end of the day. Just my opinion for what it's worth. Maybe if I drove a 10 sec auto car I would change my tune.