Cell Phone Upgrade: What Should I Buy?

Wease

I'll throw something out a bit different but I got the LGG2 and this phone is amazing. Super fast and battery life is excellent. I always have WiFi on even when travelling about (pretty big waste of battery life), use GPS a bit, make some phone calls or play some games, text all day never come close to dieing. Super fast and I am sure you can get a good deal for it too. Well less than $300.00

I have been looking into buying a phone outright as well. I found the Gazelle store on Ebay to have the best prices on the HTC One. I think this is the route I'm going to go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HTC-One-PN07310-Good-Condition-Silver-Verizon-Smartphone-/231093675929?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item35ce41a799

please correct me if this is inaccurate. But i believe you can buy any HTC One and after you unlock it, it can be used on any network, CDMA or GSM.

please correct me if this is inaccurate. But i believe you can buy any HTC One and after you unlock it, it can be used on any network, CDMA or GSM.

Nah, you gotta get the verizon specific one for verizon...which is the one you linked to.

Nah, you gotta get the verizon specific one for verizon...which is the one you linked to.

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=3999

That says that it works on the GSM 1800/1900(t mobile) network as well as the CDMA networks. Or is there something I'm missing?

Sorry to thread jack, please infract me and delete this post if its offensive.

Right from the link "Verizon version supports LTE 750 instead of 1900"

Edit: So after looking at all the numbers, you should be able to get T-Mo 3G on a SIM-unlocked HTC One in Columbus and other areas where 3G is on 1900mhz PCS band 2.

Edited by kickass

• 1 month later...

An update to this: I ended up getting two Nexus 5's, and going to T-Mobile from Verizon. The phone itself is so much better than the Razr I was using; faster and a huge battery life. I can leave the phone out all night and only use up 2% of the battery. :nod:

As for T-Mobile, as it's been said, if you're in the Columbus metro area, it's fine. But I don't have to go too much further out from my house in northwest Powell before I have little data signal. I was in Marysville the other day and got nothing at all for data. :( But I'm not often out of the Columbus metro, or using my phone outside of my home, so it works for me. And my wife is on our wi-fi like 95% of the time, so it works for her as well.

I'm also paying like $97 a month for two lines, plus data, including my work discount. FAR cheaper than Verizon... :cool: