We have someone who SELLS HONDAS in here ?

carl1647545492

Didn't Roush have 3k trade in and 0% on new hondas?

I know Lindsey always has 0% deals as well.

If you're shopping Lindsay I can recommend a good guy at their Acura store. Dan Bornstein will take excellent care of you. If you want a Honda through him you basically have to pretend to be interested in an Acura first, then he can take you to Honda and sell you. Otherwise he's not allowed to go over.

Roush Honda in Westerville. Their google reviews are amazing and I know a few people who bought from them and said great things about the staff.

+1

Their prices are lower than other Honda dealers and their service is WAY better. They are honest and up front about what is covered and what you might have to pay for. Honda Marysville told me it would be $90 to check my Airbag light, Roush did it for $50 and it ended up being free since it was a safety restraint issue.

Only advice I have is don't Germain on Sawmill for it. Normally they have the worst deals, love to attempt bait and switches and the couple guys I dealt with last time I was there knew only major bullet points.

Cannot stress this enough. They tried to bait and switch me, I called them on it and they never returned my calls about cars on the lot.

I went to every Honda dealership in the columbus area when I bought my girl friends new CRV, we walked out of all of them except John hinderer in Hebron. They had the best service, apparently paying cash for a vehicle left very little room to negotiate with the other dealerships.

apparently paying cash for a vehicle left very little room to negotiate with the other dealerships.

When it's a cash transaction, there's no other ways to make money. Dealers will take a deal that loses money on the actual transaction but we can make it up in financing profit.

So yes, you're correct. The "cash discount" no longer exists, it's a relic from a time when financing and contracts made life much more difficult for the dealer whereas a cash transaction ensured the dealer got their money right away.

When it's a cash transaction, there's no other ways to make money. Dealers will take a deal that loses money on the actual transaction but we can make it up in financing profit.

So yes, you're correct. The "cash discount" no longer exists, it's a relic from a time when financing and contracts made life much more difficult for the dealer whereas a cash transaction ensured the dealer got their money right away.

also a reason way I approve of Tesla's selling model (company owned selling network) that gets the dealers (franchises) in a hissy fit

also a reason way I approve of Tesla's selling model (company owned selling network) that gets the dealers (franchises) in a hissy fit

What, you prefer higher transaction prices? Or you think car dealers aren't entitled to a profit?

I've written a long defense of the dealer network before and I don't feel like retyping it. I don't mind at all the way Tesla does business. As a car salesperson I would love much more transparency and less cutthroat competition that makes for a better buying experience. The cost of that will definitely be much higher average transaction prices, longer wait times to get exactly what you want in a car, and less dealer/retailer willingness to exert extra effort to earn your business.

One of the biggest issues for franchised dealers isn't the model of business changing, it's the fact that as a factory-owned store, Tesla isn't required to abide by many of the consumer protection laws that franchises have to abide by, such as no off-site selling.

Again, I'm all for embracing the change that Tesla will bring. I just don't think the average dealership hater understands the consequence of moving to that model.

Yep, exactly, and I think the Lease thing must be the biggest money maker. The only sales I could find in that class of vehicle were lease specials, no one really want to sell one for a good price, just provide a lower monthly payment.

Finally I called Hinderer, told them what I wanted, and what I wanted to pay. They had the car detailed and waiting for me on Monday night when I arrived, it was almost a painless transaction with them. All the other Honda dealerships were packed, and I felt like they all had the attitude "If you don't buy this, someone else will"

When I bought my Mustang from Ricart I had tons of room to play on price, and a lot of negotiating on the table. I also bought it right before winter so I think that helped a lot.

Yep, exactly, and I think the Lease thing must be the biggest money maker. The only sales I could find in that class of vehicle were lease specials, no one really want to sell one for a good price, just provide a lower monthly payment.

Finally I called Hinderer, told them what I wanted, and what I wanted to pay. They had the car detailed and waiting for me on Monday night when I arrived, it was almost a painless transaction with them. All the other Honda dealerships were packed, and I felt like they all had the attitude "If you don't buy this, someone else will"

When I bought my Mustang from Ricart I had tons of room to play on price, and a lot of negotiating on the table. I also bought it right before winter so I think that helped a lot.

The thing they love about the lease is the short term. A customer who is in a 36 month least is EXTREMELY likely to come back and lease or buy another vehicle from the same brand and likely the same dealership. The reason is the car's not old enough to have problems, and because it's still under warranty, most likely the customer has been in to that same dealership for their maintenance and has not had to pay anything or very much at all out of pocket for repairs.

When you stretch that out to 60 or 72 months, which is the average finance/purchase term, the likelihood of a person being a repeat customer drops to about 5%. Dealers don't like that. Cash buyers are the MOST price conscious and the LEAST dealership loyal, generally speaking.

I personally don't care how someone's paying for their car, as long as we have a good professional relationship and they treat me with respect I will bend over backwards to get them what they want.

Yes Accord Sport...everyone watch out.

I've got a 2013 Accord Sport. 6 speed manual, fricken love it man. Best car I've owned to date.

I got mine from Lindsey, but it was because I work for a Honda Supplier and get a pretty deep discount through Lindsey. They weren't bad...nothing special, but they did tint my windows for $100 because my tags weren't prepared when I went to pick them up and bitched about it (literally waited like 2 hours).