CR Drag Events for 2014 - New and Improved!

MrMeanGreen

So yes, I'd like to announce that CR will be headlining the Saturday event for the 11th Annual Buick Performance Group Nationals! This is Saturday, August 2nd, 2014 (rain date of Sunday the 3rd).

CR will be doing assorted organized racing events in tandem with and apart from the Buick guys. The only difference, due to it being a National event, is that there will be a charge for spectators.

Pricing?

$40 for vehicle entry, and anyone showing up in that vehicle (or tow vehicle) all get in free. This open to CR members only.

$25 for a vehicle not racing, all people in that vehicle are covered under the $25 spectator entry fee. This is open to CR members only.

When you arrive at the gate, let the person know you're with Columbus Racing and give them your screen name for accountability.

More details to come!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick update.

I have everything finalized for the April event and will have registration up this weekend.

Senior Members will be $30

Members and General Public will be $35

Spectators will be free.

Unfortunately, there isn't a rain date available due to the tight schedule, so if I have to call this, everyone will receive a refund. Fortunately, I've put together dozens of these events on over the years and only been rained out once, and snowed out once.

We're good :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It looks like I will be sitting this one out and watching. The motor decided to snack on the lifters and push rods for number 4 and 5 cyclinders and damaged the cam. The motor is coming out Friday and I am taking it to the engine builder on Saturday.

My brothers AMX is at the chassis shop being converted to a full chassis car and 4 link. Who knows when that will run again.

Man that sure sucks to hear Jim ..Hopefully its not hurt to bad.

Is Holt doing the work on your brothers AMX?

PK Race Cars is doing the AMX. I have had work done at both places and their work is tough to beat. I started using Holt because he is closer to me and has been sucessfull set up the Hemi SS/AH cars.

Any idea when the bracket race will start? Is it going to be possible to do the true street race and the bracket race?

The bracket racing will start after the true street race. If you want to do both it should not be an issue.

• 2 months later...