CR Stock Watch

Tractor

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the market ending down yesterday I was able to get in on the sale after all. I was already long on BP so I added to my position @ $30.75 and took a small position in BANC (A small regional bank in California) @$12.

How awesome was that sale? These are the rare opportunities, imo, when you can just go out and buy the best companies because they are all on sale. Ended up buying XOM@68.50, AAPL@103, and DIS@94. Just wish the sale had lasted longer, back to buying boring USO now.

Wondering if the "death cross" popping up on AAPL and others indicates the market's gonna drop again in the next couple of months. I think we're definitely in for another big correction...

Yesterday and today has been an awesome bounce-back doe...

Wondering if the "death cross" popping up on AAPL and others indicates the market's gonna drop again in the next couple of months. I think we're definitely in for another big correction...

Yesterday and today has been an awesome bounce-back doe...

The DOW chart doesn't look promising, I think China is gonna continue to mishandle things as they do. Good news is investors will probably turn to American markets for stability at some point.

• 4 weeks later...
Picked up some BAMXY today, they seem to have fallen due to the VW thing but I don't see how it will really effect them.

Nice, VW is gonna be hit hard for awhile. Will make a nice rebound, but I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a year or more.

• 1 month later...

How are you guys protecting yourselves/minimizing losses on the downside? Because it's coming...

Got back into SQQQ. Waiting to sell off on a couple of good gainers to see how the market goes this week through Vet's Day.

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-cover-your-butt.png

Damn, buying SQQQ is the equivalent of gambling, best of luck. So far this fall I am up about 20% since mid August, going to be paying a lot of taxes this year. :D

Oh yeah, picked up some VRX@80 since the discount is so big and I like the idea of owning a company that is that evil.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/12/07/opec-decision-to-keep-output-high-pulls-oil-prices-close-to-2015-lows.html

How's the oil play working out for everyone else? I'm already in a long position but debating if I want to continue to put more in or just let it ride with the dividend reinvesting.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/12/07/opec-decision-to-keep-output-high-pulls-oil-prices-close-to-2015-lows.html

How's the oil play working out for everyone else? I'm already in a long position but debating if I want to continue to put more in or just let it ride with the dividend reinvesting.

I shouldn't say anything since I already bought too much. I'll wait until USO get into single digit and buy more.

• 1 month later...
I've been holding TVIX for the last few months and was finally able to get out today. Is it time to buy USO or UWTI..... I'm still watching?

Issues with USO and holding is the rollover fees from month to month ( backwardation, and the opposite contango )

UWTI and other leveraged etf are meant to be traded intra-day and not hold over night as there is leverage decay and daily rebalancing.

With that said, I think holding the XLE ETF offers way better risk/reward, simpler, often cheaper, way to be exposed to the oil/gas sector. Now XLE sports a healthy 3.4% dividend yield.

this is just my own opinion.