Top 10 or 20 Call Out List, lets race

On3Performance

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about a "true street" class and a "street" class? True street being no cage or maybe a 4 or 6 point, factory drivetrain components only, power adders acceptable, and could be daily driven without much hassle (at least in non-winter weather). This would still allow good competition in my eyes and weed out some of the built up race cars that can be driven on the street, still allows turbo kits, built trans, superchargers, 12 bolt or 9" mods for the f body guys, and keeps it still on a somewhat fair playing ground.

Then for the "street" class have an all out class, anything goes as long as its registered and insured with functioning lights, and meets all the specifications to be driven on the street? Obviously exhaust setups would be a concern and would need some sort of governing since hardly any modified exhaust is street legal anymore.

Just my $.02. Hopefully this isn't seen as bitching.

My cars are all street-able and get driven plenty around down and weekend cruses. When it comes to racing though, if Im doing 2 hours away to edgewater, Im certainly not going to drive the car there. I have 2 trailers sitting here and would not risk breaking. Any of my cars would make it but its not practical. Not to mention if something does break, your screwed. I rarely drive my cars to the track

^This!

I drive mine on the street plenty, but put it on the trailer when going to the track.

Probably why those tires say "not for highway use". Ya know, street tires.:gabe:

They put them on cars for drag racing, not "street use".

Doesn't bother me either way, I'm not ever going to be competitive in "drag racing", it's just funny to an outsider.

You're just mad

What about a "true street" class and a "street" class? True street being no cage or maybe a 4 or 6 point, factory drivetrain components only, power adders acceptable, and could be daily driven without much hassle (at least in non-winter weather). This would still allow good competition in my eyes and weed out some of the built up race cars that can be driven on the street, still allows turbo kits, built trans, superchargers, 12 bolt or 9" mods for the f body guys, and keeps it still on a somewhat fair playing ground.

Then for the "street" class have an all out class, anything goes as long as its registered and insured with functioning lights, and meets all the specifications to be driven on the street? Obviously exhaust setups would be a concern and would need some sort of governing since hardly any modified exhaust is street legal anymore.

Just my $.02. Hopefully this isn't seen as bitching.

True Street Shootout will follow the NMCA True Street rules of what is legal.

http://www.nmcadigital.com/cat/rules_purses/docs/lsx/2l-2012-LSX-True-Street-Final.pdf

Heads up racing is not for everyone, its not cheap or easy. If you have to ask for a ton of rules to be put in place you don't belong there.

A tire limited heads up class might be a possibility where you have to be on a non drag radial, no slick, AKA true street tire.

Anything else will be way more work to manage and deal with at a track day. You want a bunch of stipulations, do what has gone on at track days for years and grudge race your friends.

Again, I'm going to talk with some people next week down at Lights Out that know way more than me and see what they think.

Can we have a class that if you cannot make a drive-thru order in a normal drive-thru ordering level that you're eliminated? It really keeps the "street" in street car.

Yes, here is the list of classes now:

The "it must only use a certain tire, no window tint, and can be driven around the world 3 times" class.

The "it cannot ever be turned by Brian Turner because it might be fast" class

The "it must be able to drive 325.3 miles on a tank of gas with the A/C on" class

The "it must be a street car based on what i read on the internet makes a street car" class

Finally, we have the "I don't need any fucking excuses it is a street car and I will race any fucker who lines up with me" class.

I'm sure that does not cover everything, but the rules team will work very hard to make sure everybody gets a trophy for showing up...