How do you guys feel about the 2002 Pontiac Aztek?

Browning

The Aztec is ugly, and I would consider it a bastard of all GM's worst ideas. Having worked on some at the dealer I have done headgaskets (not only on those but lots of 3.4s), wheel bearings, corroded connectors by the gas tank where it goes through the floor, body control modules (they control the rear hatch and have to work for the hatch to open), stupid squeaky suspension bushings that happen to be molded to the control arms and knuckle, broken window regulators, and that's just what comes to mind. Run away.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to suggest a Vibe. We have one and it has been the most reliable car we have ever owned. It essentially is a Corolla underneath as is it's brother the Toyota Matrix.

We have liked them for a while now. My sister has one and it's been a great little car for her. Only dislike I have is the speedometer but that's a minor issue.

Oh check if it has power windows as apparently they made a lot of them that year without. I am assuming they would be required by your woman :)

ha, how did you guess? Power windows, power locks or no go[/women]

Thanks for the email. We have not done any diagnostics on the Aztek, and frankly if I do, I'm going to fix it, make it perfect and ask around $6,000 for it. It's priced 100% as is, and therefore I have priced it to sell already. I have no more than a few hundred dollars to negotiate on it. It's cheap, and it's a dependable car that was driven 4 hours to us.

Come take it for a drive, you'll like it. It's clean and very nice compared to typical vehicles in that price range.

It is an all wheel drive, meaning it stays in 4 wheel drive constantly. If it had a switch of any kind, it would then be a 4WD.

As I've told everyone who has emailed or called on the Aztek, If this is one you like, make your way down quickly, your lead #13 of 19 on this specific vehicle today. It will sell today, no doubt about it.

Thanks!

Seems shady

As a former owner of a V6 Pontiac from the same era, I would keep looking.
Yea we're looking into the vibe now. They have a fusion she likes as well.

I don't even know you, but I feel like you should post your address so a group of us could show up to start an intervention. The Asstek is/was a monumental failure.

Once again, GM LOL.

lol

Yea we're looking into the vibe now. They have a fusion she likes as well.

lol

Get the Fusion.

What a great car. If they made a wagon, i would leave subaru in a heartbeat i think for a fusion.

*invisitext* i liked driving it, a lot, and the intererior, if it has mechanicl issues i have no clue about them

Seems shady

You should e-mail him back tomorrow to ask if it sold. As for my opinion on the aztek (though its a little late now lol), it should've been aborted before it was put into production. I also vote for the fusion though. I rented an 09 a couple years ago to go to Florida and it was a very decent car to drive.

As a former owner of a V6 Pontiac from the same era, I would keep looking.

Hey now 3800 V6s from GM were great engines, a few minor leaks aside it was bulletproof. 3100 3400s are a different story. I wouldn't own the new 3.6l V6 for any length of time either.

Hey now 3800 V6s from GM were great engines, a few minor leaks aside it was bulletproof. 3100 3400s are a different story. I wouldn't own the new 3.6l V6 for any length of time either.

A minor bright spot in a long line of crap.

She liked this so we got it

http://i.imgur.com/j9mGzsg.jpg

92k miles. Runs great and should be pretty good on gas being that it's a 1.8. One thing I don't like is the front and rear bumper color is faded a bit. Any way of bringing that back to life?

Yeah it's pretty easy. Take a microfibre cloth rag, the really nice kind on the front shelf at Autozone or whatever. Soak it really well in gasoline, then put it in a beer bottle half full of gasoline, but make sure the rag is dangling half way out. Light the rag on fire and throw the bottle at the Aztek.

Yeah it's pretty easy. Take a microfibre cloth rag, the really nice kind on the front shelf at Autozone or whatever. Soak it really well in gasoline, then put it in a beer bottle half full of gasoline, but make sure the rag is dangling half way out. Light the rag on fire and throw the bottle at the Aztek.

Hey thanks. Mind doing it for me? As a measure of my appreciation, I will learn you a thing or two in the wonderful art of reading. :)