Finally got my track rat back together

greg1647545532

Before (after hitting the wall at Mid-O):

1209075_10151983593772573_1848138654_n.jpg

I gave up trying to find a maroon fender, so I got a black one off ebay. Everything goes with black, right? Well it was straight, but that's all it had going for it -- scratched all to shit, partially resprayed. I guess they assume most buyers would just repaint it. Well, I didn't want to deal with that so I pulled out some gray vinyl I had leftover from a few years ago and used my wife's scrapbooking cutter (shudder) to cut it into squares.

1660686_10152392158312573_917278007_n.jpg

Still looks like crap, but now it's ricer crap. Spring can't come soon enough.

Did you even look into how much it would have cost you to have the fender painted? It couldn't have been much.

I feel like matching faded 25 year old paint isn't super basic. Also, race car, as noted above.

Looks good. Track cars are supposed to look like they've been driven. How you end up in the wall if I may ask? And where? I may have missed a thread you made about it likely.

I've been lucky with a couple offs but no contact with any fixed objects...........yet.