Me plus girl shooting range date suggestions?

Chief8one

After my fun with the ladies at Kahoots (see other thread in parking lot)... I might of found myself a new girl... NO not a stripper.

Anyway, I'm thinking of taking her to a range and having some fun. She has never held/fired a gun, but when I mentioned the idea she was totally into it.

I live in Westerville and was wondering if there were any recommendations for ranges that would be easy going with possible rentals of other firearms?

That's all

thanks guys

I have heard good things about AIMHI, Personally I have never been. I do however like the orientation video for first time shooters at the range. Is always a good idea for a first time shooter to have some range and firearm safety training.

Powder room is ok not as good rental selection but is relatively cheep to shoot there. $10 for a lane for two and $5 dollar rentals.

Blackwing in Delaware is another option to check into as well as LAPD on Bethel rd.

I have heard good things about AIMHI, Personally I have never been. I do however like the orientation video for first time shooters at the range. Is always a good idea for a first time shooter to have some range and firearm safety training.

Powder room is ok not as good rental selection but is relatively cheep to shoot there. $10 for a lane for two and $5 dollar rentals.

Blackwing in Delaware is another option to check into as well as LAPD on Bethel rd.

Thanks

Appreciate it

I'm a member at AimHi. They have plenty of rentals, which include firearms more tailored to women. I've also found the staff to be fairly cordial, knowledgeable, and laid back (i.e., not pushy).

I also like that they make all first-timers watch the safety video before entering the range.

One thing to consider is that it gets fairly busy and a little chaotic on weekends. If you can swing it, I'd try to go during the afternoon on a weekday.

Another thing to consider is that their ranges are indoors and it can get loud in there - especially for people (like maybe your new friend) who has never fired a gun and doesn't have much experience being around them. I took my wife - who also had never fired a gun before - and she was a little spooked by all the gunfire. It probably would have been less harrowing for her had it not been as busy - and thus not a bunch of people all firing in the range at once. So, that's another reason why I'd suggest trying to go at off-peak hours.

After my fun with the ladies at Kahoots (see other thread in parking lot)... I might of found myself a new girl... NO not a stripper.

Anyway, I'm thinking of taking her to a range and having some fun. She has never held/fired a gun, but when I mentioned the idea she was totally into it.

s

New girl huh? Why not just bring her over to your place and let her play with your little 22?:gabe:

I prefer ohio valley but its in lacaster ovooutdoors.com I think is there site

Oh man.... This reminds of of the time i met a girl from OKcupid and took her shooting.

yes, i tried my luck with online dating. After months of nothing i started chatting with one that was interested in guns. we arranged to meet up at the powder room one morning. This would be the first and last time i saw this chick, or even talked to her. She showed up at 10am reeking of beer and cigarettes, dirty clothes, tangled and matted hair. Looked like she hadnt brushed her teeth in weeks. Holy shit i was disguested. she claimed to know what she was doing because "her dad was a lieutenant for CPD" but turned out she had no fucking idea how to even load a magazine.

Anyways, yeah take your chick to the range, shell love it.

Why is it that wives or gf's cannot be taught by their significant other to shoot?

Why is it wives these days weren't taught by their fathers at an early age to shoot/hunt? :)

I got lucky. My SO grew up learning to shoot/hunt. Never a worry when she has a firearm. Safer than a lot of guys I know.

Another thing to consider is that their ranges are indoors and it can get loud in there - especially for people (like maybe your new friend) who has never fired a gun and doesn't have much experience being around them. I took my wife - who also had never fired a gun before - and she was a little spooked by all the gunfire. It probably would have been less harrowing for her had it not been as busy - and thus not a bunch of people all firing in the range at once. So, that's another reason why I'd suggest trying to go at off-peak hours.

Excellent advice.

I prefer ohio valley but its in lacaster ovooutdoors.com I think is there site

This.

For some reason I'm feeling the pain on this one. If the weather is good and you feel like shooting outside, PM me and I can set something up for you guys to do a private shoot. Providing the time works out and the weather, plus I can help if need be.

For some reason I'm feeling the pain on this one. If the weather is good and you feel like shooting outside, PM me and I can set something up for you guys to do a private shoot. Providing the time works out and the weather, plus I can help if need be.

OP, if it was me, then I'd take this option - a private shoot with Joe - over every other option listed and not think twice about it. You get to be outdoors, you don't have to deal with the chaos of a range, and it would be a much more informative, non-threatening, and fun environment, I'd think. And I'd much prefer to give some cash to him as opposed to a random range.

Thanks Joe,

I probably will hit you up when the weather is a bit nicer out. I was considering taking her this coming wed. to an indoor range, but I think it might be a better idea than a bunch of chaos for a first time shooter. Hell, even I have never been to an indoor range.

I did not read any of the replies....

I would suggest contacting MOJOE here on CR and see if you can get something set up.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

I live in Westerville and was wondering if there were any recommendations for ranges that would be easy going with possible rentals of other firearms?

That's all

thanks guys