Fishing thread 2014

Mojoe

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Fished the pond at the house last week. I have been stocking it pretty good, and was able to get a hold of a 3-4 LB large mouth.

Literally just got off the phone ordering more fish and minnows.

Edited by Mojoe
Fixed phone typing skillz

Got out yesterday at the pong next to my apartment in powell. caught 2 pretty good size crappie, and a small mouth just before sun down. Ill be fishin it again tonight. There was another dude there and he snagged 3 during the same hour. Theyre definitely biting.

Picked up a shakespear micro series for 25$ too. Makes tiny fish seem huge and alot of fun.

Fished the pond at the house last week. I have been stocking it pretty good, and was able to get a hold of a 3-4 LB large mouth.

Litter just got off the phone ordering more fish and minows.

Any invites ever issued?

fished buckeye today with a friend and holy shit was that wind brutal... mainly targeting panfish caught well over 100 fish.. at times could not keep the bluegills from hitting it whil trying to get the bait down to the crappie. brought home a 10 crappie and 5 gills for a nice batch to eat... hell of a fun day except the wet trip back 14ft boat in 3 foot waves dont mix.

fished buckeye today with a friend and holy shit was that wind brutal... mainly targeting panfish caught well over 100 fish.. at times could not keep the bluegills from hitting it whil trying to get the bait down to the crappie. brought home a 10 crappie and 5 gills for a nice batch to eat... hell of a fun day except the wet trip back 14ft boat in 3 foot waves dont mix.

Catch any humans?

:gabe:

getting to be that time....a bunch of us are invading the Maumee in 2 weeks to try and load up on some walleye. We're going to fish from boats at the mouth of the river. Need to get my daughter out too and try to load the freezer with some crappie. She loves fishing and for xmas I hooked her up with a pfluger and a loaded tackle box. She's ready to rock.

Any invites ever issued?

Seldomly. When family or friends have been over, we fish, but I haven't done too many invites. Moved here last year and have been working on and trying to enjoy the pond. It went 7 years with no attention given to it. It had fish in it, but no quality aeration, muck control or food balance. This season should make a big difference to get things right. I have been doing all the planning for 6 weeks on building a solar powered aeration system with submersible pump. The stocking from last year, and now this year, I'm hoping to see a huge difference for activity in the pond next season.

Seldomly. When family or friends have been over, we fish, but I haven't done too many invites. Moved here last year and have been working on and trying to enjoy the pond. It went 7 years with no attention given to it. It had fish in it, but no quality aeration, muck control or food balance. This season should make a big difference to get things right. I have been doing all the planning for 6 weeks on building a solar powered aeration system with submersible pump. The stocking from last year, and now this year, I'm hoping to see a huge difference for activity in the pond next season.

You ever checked out any of the pond forums. I got on a few last year was gonna help my parents plan a pond build at there house.

Would be kinda like my own giant fish tank.

You ever checked out any of the pond forums. I got on a few last year was gonna help my parents plan a pond build at there house.

Would be kinda like my own giant fish tank.

I have not. Didn't know of any. I did see it as a giant fish tank. Feel free to link them here.

https://www.atac.cc/

Provides some good information on stocking basics to maximize fish health and optimize health.

Ohio based hatchery also used to be a sponsor for Ohiogamefishing.com

http://forums.pondboss.com/ Got a lot of good information on here as well.

I will check my resources at home and see what else I got. I had a bunch of websites saved on my home computer but those are ones I can remember off top of my head.

Anyone have any recommendations on a small reel? the rod im using is only about 4 feet long, ultralight. the shakespear reel i got with the rod seems to be a piece of crap.

I picked up a new bait caster and needed some pointers. Went to cabelas and talked to a guy name Barry. He was very helpful and made sure I got the right gear that worked together. I had no idea open face reels and bait casters need to go on a different type of rod.

I say that, thinking he can probably optimize what you are trying to do. I thought I know, but I was over looking a few things. Just FYI.

• Upvote 1

Anyone on here fish with big joshy's http://www.bigjoshyswimbaits.com ?

I hear so many good things about them but keep procrastinating on ordering. I finally put in an order today. I bet the ponds would eat these up.

I seriously need to stop procrastinating and build some more of my home made casting flies. I kinda designed my own lure using fly tying techniques that can be used with lighter casting gear and it works awesome.

I quoted this because I remember seeing some of Bigjoshys swimbaits when they first came out and glad to see him still doing ok.