Saturday the 25th south of Canton?

rslocum

Looks like last weekends ride south of Canton was a success. I was unable to make it but am game for Saturday. Looks like MadMax33 was excited by this upcoming weekends ride is that still true for the south canton area? Is anything in the works? I'll be coming from "Jbot land"(Painesville) so I have a little ride down to Bolivar. Hope something gets started I would like to come down and ride.

Fuck those four-lane highways. I hate them due to those pesky little troopers that like to hang out there. They pull you over and ask why you were going so fast. Look at my bike dumbass! Of course I'm going to hit triple digits once in awhile. Ah, the ignorance of some...Well, I have some information as to the conditions of certain roads, which was acquired last weekend by me and a few others on a little adventure that we had. For an aggressive ride, I would take Rt.9 off of Rt.30, which is very clean as well as Atwood, which was smooth as well. When we hit 164 from 212, it was very smooth sailing until the juncture at Rt.43, then the gravel started, but only for about half a mile. One turn in particular will put you down unless you are doing the recommended speed limit. Even then I was wondering if I was going to eat it. This is why I don't go overboard on the first run on almost any road with the exception of Rt.44 and Rt.9. Those roads seem to always stay clean.

My buddy is getting married so I can't be out all day yet a good 4hrs worth of twisty riding will satisfy my appetite. Perhaps an earlier start? Let's talk about it...

Quoted MadMax33

"My buddy is getting married so I can't be out all day yet a good 4hrs worth of twisty riding will satisfy my appetite. Perhaps an earlier start? Let's talk about it..."

I'm game for just about anything. Set a time and place and see who is able to make it.

Edited by rslocum

i'm starting to regret NOT buying another liter bike... GRRRR... just not the same on the warrior.

I do wish a could remember the atwood route. used to ride it al the time with my old buddies. I almost ran over a fellow rider that went down, probably in spot your talkin about. is a sharp left after a long straight with a tall bank to the right? i can't remember the streets or i'd go by that.

Ha, I know right where you're talking about man. Yes, if you are not familiar with that turn, it may bite you in the arse. No worries though, if my chicken-shit ass can take the turn at a decent speed on my big, bulky liter-bike, anyone can. It's too bad Atwood doesn't last too long but it's fun for awhile. I know Atwood rather well and Rt.164 is good up to a point, before the gravel spots, which I have memorized so we can hit that safely as well, which will take us to 172 eventually, leading us to Rt.9. Now that is pretty fun. It's even worth backtracking once or twice. So perhaps I should be at Dairy Queen, the one off 77S, which is the Bolivar/212 Exit at 10:00a.m., then departing perhaps at 10:15. Does that sound reasonable?

Ha, I know right where you're talking about man. Yes, if you are not familiar with that turn, it may bite you in the arse. No worries though, if my chicken-shit ass can take the turn at a decent speed on my big, bulky liter-bike, anyone can. It's too bad Atwood doesn't last too long but it's fun for awhile. I know Atwood rather well and Rt.164 is good up to a point, before the gravel spots, which I have memorized so we can hit that safely as well, which will take us to 172 eventually, leading us to Rt.9. Now that is pretty fun. It's even worth backtracking once or twice. So perhaps I should be at Dairy Queen, the one off 77S, which is the Bolivar/212 Exit at 10:00a.m., then departing perhaps at 10:15. Does that sound reasonable?

Sounds good to me. Looking forward to it. My skill level is probably no where near you but I always ride my own ride. Look forward to meeting some new faces and burning some fuel.

:wackit::wackit:

Fuck those four-lane highways. I hate them due to those pesky little troopers that like to hang out there. They pull you over and ask why you were going so fast. Look at my bike dumbass! Of course I'm going to hit triple digits once in awhile. Ah, the ignorance of some...Well, I have some information as to the conditions of certain roads, which was acquired last weekend by me and a few others on a little adventure that we had. For an aggressive ride, I would take Rt.9 off of Rt.30, which is very clean as well as Atwood, which was smooth as well. When we hit 164 from 212, it was very smooth sailing until the juncture at Rt.43, then the gravel started, but only for about half a mile. One turn in particular will put you down unless you are doing the recommended speed limit. Even then I was wondering if I was going to eat it. This is why I don't go overboard on the first run on almost any road with the exception of Rt.44 and Rt.9. Those roads seem to always stay clean.

My buddy is getting married so I can't be out all day yet a good 4hrs worth of twisty riding will satisfy my appetite. Perhaps an earlier start? Let's talk about it...

i did it fairly well on my 954. i love the atwood ride but it's been years.

We ended up ditchin his bike behind house right before the turn. Guy said it's fine there, guys leave em there all the time. lol He teabagged it all the way back to canton.

I'm not going to get out with you guys but I can suggest some nice routes if you'd like... let me know what kind of roads you are looking for.

Sweepers' date=' switchbacks, 4 lane highways...[/quote']

PM me sweepers and switchbacks please!! As close to CLE as possible.

Thanks in advance!

I can't make the ride guys..my son has a track meet at 2...but I plan to be on the road afterwords.

10 in the morning at Dairy Queer, Saturday morning in Bolivar is where I am going to be...

Thanks for the tour. The ride was a blast. The roads seemed in great condition except for just very few spots on 164. For being such a nice day our flow was hardly ever interrupted by cagers. Look forward to being able to make it to another ride soon.