Help me decide on a new bike!

Jewtoys

It's getting warm again, which means time for a new bike. My passion for riding is starting to trump the passion for cars. I love corners!

My last three bikes were a 2010 triumph speed triple, 2012 speed triple r, and a 05? R6. I enjoyed the 2012 triumph the most but the naked style of the bike provided more wind resistance than I would prefer. The r6 I was never fully comfortable on in corners, I had the suspension rebuilt and dialed in for my weight with new tires and could never tell if the back tire was full planted or spinning in hard corners-uneasy feeling.

Over the weekend I found myself in the ducati-triumph-mv Augusta dealer and was overwhelmed. I pretty much wanted everything. The ducati monster felt just right, but I fear the naked style would have the same wind resistance effect my triples had at 80+ mph. Once I have more time on my hands I will take a few other bikes out they have. In the mean time any suggestions from some riders here?

I dislike anything Harley or any cruiser style bike. I would love a hypermotatd but I'm only 5 ten and in just not comfortable on that bike, I'm a little too short. Ha ha

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people that talk down about Buells know little to nothing about them. I've owned 2 a 1999 X-1 lightning and a 2006 XB12X Ulysses. The Ulysses way way more comfortable and never gave me any problems at all. The problems that the X-1 gave me were my fault for not thinking things through. I would suspect that the Xb12ss would have the same wind resistance problems your trying to avoid. You might try one of the newer water cooled Buells although I've never personally ridden one so I cant really comment on them.

Love the bike but the seating position is super odd!

It's a full on race bike for the street. Very aggressive position. Saddlemen makes a nice comfy replacement seat that makes it better for longer rides.

It's a full on race bike for the street. Very aggressive position. Saddlemen makes a nice comfy replacement seat that makes it better for longer rides.

I will have to look into that.

Also about the Buells, just looked into them and it was the blast people have talked down on that I remember. But that thing is a bucket, I would buy one if cheap enough though for a third bike ha ha

I will have to look into that.

Also about the Buells, just looked into them and it was the blast people have talked down on that I remember. But that thing is a bucket, I would buy one if cheap enough though for a third bike ha ha

You're welcome to check mine out. It's a 2012, but positioning is basically the same between 2012 and 2013/2014. I just picked up the Saddleman seat last week. Made a huge difference.

You're welcome to check mine out. It's a 2012, but positioning is basically the same between 2012 and 2013/2014. I just picked up the Saddleman seat last week. Made a huge difference.

I live out of state but thanks for the offer!

Yamaha just came out with a 900 triple. Sharp looking bike. Finally saw one in person yesterday.

Indeed. I can get a good deal on a new FZ8.

Debating a GSXR 750, Ducati Monster, or a MV Agusta F3

Found this mint gem! Haha

Not a Harley guy, but couldn't turn this odd ball down. 1978, only 7k miles and it literally is like new. Two stroke weirdness, things a riot

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1212/4798801/9950206/409214140.jpg

Now, that Spaghetti Harley would have been pretty far down on my list of guesses, based on what you said you were interested in.

My last 2-stroke street bike was a 1968 Bridgestone 350 GTR -- certainly one of the world's worst motorcycles.

I know you'll have fun on it. I'd love to be there the first time you pull into a group of Harley riders in your cloud of 2-stroke oil smoke, sounding like a Jiffy Pop. Jimmies will be rustled. :thumbup:

Edited by Doc

Now, that Spaghetti Harley would have been pretty far down on my list of guesses, based on what you said you were interested in.

My last 2-stroke street bike was a 1968 Bridgestone 350 GTR -- certainly one of the world's worst motorcycles.

I know you'll have fun on it. I'd love to be there the first time you pull into a group of Harley riders in your cloud of 2-stroke oil smoke, sounding like a Jiffy Pop. Jimmies will be rustled. :thumbup:

Haha yeah this is the furthest kinda bike away from what I'm into. It's just going to be a spare bike, still going to get something else. I saw this and never knew about them, so once I saw two stroke and it was kinda a Harley haha I had to buy it. It's literally like new too, and paid almost nothing. I used my truck to take it home, couple harley guys actually gave me thumbs up, probably didn't know what it was.... It doesn't really smoke that bad at all, it's super loud though. Looking into some heavy baffles.

Hoblick has one. He's not on here much anymore. It's all track prepped and super fun.

3k brand new, it's really hard to not go out and just buy one to have.

I want a Grom, YSR50, or a Honda NSR for a third bike to kick around. Tiny little bikes have to be great fun

Guy i know swapped a CRF450 motor into one of those groms, it runs 14's

That's probably a hairy ride on that little thing.

I really want a honda nsr that's street legal but their so hard to find. That would be a wild ride.

Currently eyeing a gsxr 750..... Not a fan of how typical sport bikes look but I love the handling so it's hard to not swing that way