Help me decide on a new bike!

Jewtoys

In regards to your vertically challenged-ness & the hypermotard..there are other options.

KTM 690 smcR, 990 smt

Husqunavarna make alot of 'em.

SMR 511

Nuda 900R

SMS630

SMR 610

SMR 511

SM510R (more of a race bike) can be injection or carbed depending on the year.

SM450R

Or buy a, all be it less flashy, DR650 (it has adjustable riding heights) & put street tires on it.

Like i said, alot of options:)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to your vertically challenged-ness & the hypermotard..there are other options.

KTM 690 smcR, 990 smt

Husqunavarna make alot of 'em.

SMR 511

Nuda 900R

SMS630

SMR 610

SMR 511

SM510R (more of a race bike) can be injection or carbed depending on the year.

SM450R

Or buy a, all be it less flashy, DR650 (it has adjustable riding heights) & put street tires on it.

Like i said, alot of options:)

I know someone with the 690 duke, not a fan of that rattle machine. It vibrates a TON. Some good choices in there though, Thanks

A Aprilia Shiver just popped up for sale for under 5k.... Hmmm

Outstanding! What year & displacement? Any pics?

00 750, Great deal and has a better feel than a new 696 I was going to buy. Now going to buy a Grom today and call it quits with three bikes for now

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1212/4798801/20553832/409240742.jpg

You'll have better luck with the Monster than with the Aprilia. Good choice.

I hope so, it's a odd riding bike. Ducati tech is picking it up tonight to do it's belts and valve adjustment and I'm sure it will end up needing more stuff. Deciding if I want to buy a nice suspension setup for it? I really want a cbr 250 to track with, might be my next bike

Congratulations! Monsters are fun bikes. I'm not too familiar with the models though. Is yours an air cooled model? I had an r6 for awhile. It was ok. But I'm sure the newer ones are better. I wasn't unduly impressed. Honestly the most fun I've ever had on two wheels was on my old Buell xb9r. Not the fastest thing but damn it was fun! It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow ;). That thing was a hoot! Short wheel base razor sharp handling when you get it dialed in right, gobs of torque whenever you want it, intoxicating exhaust note. It was the perfect city bike/canyon carver. If only it had six gears :( Buells are different though, not for everybody. They feel similar to dirt bikes.

But you know what this means though right? You have to get a group picture with all the bikes!

I hope so, it's a odd riding bike. Ducati tech is picking it up tonight to do it's belts and valve adjustment and I'm sure it will end up needing more stuff. Deciding if I want to buy a nice suspension setup for it? I really want a cbr 250 to track with, might be my next bike

Its like racing a spec Miata. Its rainbow racing.

Congratulations! Monsters are fun bikes. I'm not too familiar with the models though. Is yours an air cooled model? I had an r6 for awhile. It was ok. But I'm sure the newer ones are better. I wasn't unduly impressed. Honestly the most fun I've ever had on two wheels was on my old Buell xb9r. Not the fastest thing but damn it was fun! It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow ;). That thing was a hoot! Short wheel base razor sharp handling when you get it dialed in right, gobs of torque whenever you want it, intoxicating exhaust note. It was the perfect city bike/canyon carver. If only it had six gears :( Buells are different though, not for everybody. They feel similar to dirt bikes.

But you know what this means though right? You have to get a group picture with all the bikes!

The Monster has a similar feel as to a naked Buel, very easy to flick it around. Has a huge tank though which is hard to get used to. Yes it's air cooled.

Its like racing a spec Miata. Its rainbow racing.

To be completely honest I prefer a well setup 250r over a 600+ CC bike in the canyons, nothing more boring than having to keep a bike tame the whole time as with the 250r you can go flat most of the time and it's way more enjoyable. Easier to toss around as well and the smaller tires are a riot :lolguy: As for track use everything is much cheaper and I wouldn't be fighting with keeping the rear wheel hooked or the front of the bike down, huge issue I had with my old R6-the back tire would never stay fully planted.

The Monster has a similar feel as to a naked Buel, very easy to flick it around. Has a huge tank though which is hard to get used to. Yes it's air cooled.

To be completely honest I prefer a well setup 250r over a 600+ CC bike in the canyons, nothing more boring than having to keep a bike tame the whole time as with the 250r you can go flat most of the time and it's way more enjoyable. Easier to toss around as well and the smaller tires are a riot :lolguy: As for track use everything is much cheaper and I wouldn't be fighting with keeping the rear wheel hooked or the front of the bike down, huge issue I had with my old R6-the back tire would never stay fully planted.

So say guys that race spec Miatas. Its basically momentum racing on 2 wheels. Different stokes... :)

So say guys that race spec Miatas. Its basically momentum racing on 2 wheels. Different stokes... :)

Yeah yeah yeah

There's no 250 in my garage yet. I'm telling you find a nice tight twisty road and take a 250r or the new 500r. Fun little turds

:)

Yeah yeah yeah

There's no 250 in my garage yet. I'm telling you find a nice tight twisty road and take a 250r or the new 500r. Fun little turds

:)

I did a 250 enduro race at Beaver Run. It was fun because you are out there racing which is always better than bench warming or sitting on your couch-but the speed/fun factor was nap worthy. Momentum or slow spec racing is just not for me. On track for example I'd rather be on a solo time attack run in the hairiest think I can find for one balls firmly against the fucking walls run. Otherwise, my adrenalin and my enjoyment level stay firmly at zero.

Anything I drive needs to have OHSHIT factor, be it on the street or track. But admittedly, I am not normal.

I did a 250 enduro race at Beaver Run. It was fun because you are out there racing which is always better than bench warming or sitting on your couch-but the speed/fun factor was nap worthy. Momentum or slow spec racing is just not for me. On track for example I'd rather be on a solo time attack run in the hairiest think I can find for one balls firmly against the fucking walls run. Otherwise, my adrenalin and my enjoyment level stay firmly at zero.

Anything I drive needs to have OHSHIT factor, be it on the street or track. But admittedly, I am not normal.

I agree, give me whatever if I have a track to myself- don't have that luxury though.

You're only a few hours from Deal's gap right? If so, I'd buy a Goldwing and drag pipe to 80's music. ;)

Yeah I always roll out that way in the summer. Have a 250cc 2 stroke harley-close enough ha.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1212/4798801/9950206/409269969.jpg

Thats a billion miles from a Goldwing. I bet I can go faster on a Goldwing than "average guy" can on a 600. No joke.

http://0.tqn.com/d/motorcycles/1/0/O/3/0/-/gold_wing.jpg

Shit is real-you can get DEEP into corners if you know how to handle one.

NO thanks.

Jesus, those dudes used to come into ASK for service. You'd be standing there minding your own business & all of a sudden, completely unprompted, in a just-less-than-shouting voice they'd announce to everyone in the bay "oh yea, I don't want new pegs...I'l just tear em up again...don't mind those torn up pegs, I was just getting SUPER LOW in some corners the other day". I bet 4/5ths of those fags took a belt sander to 'em.

And after that they'ed sneak into a corner and feverishly beat off knowing that everyone surely thought he was the coolest guy on two wheels....that had a reverse.