Lets talk.......dogs?

Geeesammy

Only do bigger dogs....love my labs. Brother in law has a mastif that looks just like the one from Turner and Hooch. That dog is big. His head is the size of pizza pan!

If she wants a calmer dog, then she should definitely look into the local rescues. That is the only way I will get dogs again.

I dunno why your pug is so dumb(probably lack of training and discipline), but the two pugs my ex had were honestly some of the smartest dogs I've come across. They have such an easygoing and fun personality, and some even show protective qualities depending on how they were raised. I'm very allergic to dog hair and saliva and I found their shedding to be more than manageable. To be completely honest, I'm not a dog person at all, but I don't think I'd ever consider another breed, personally.

Or you mean, I'd actually be the alpha-male instead of some pussy that lets a 20lb puppy run the house.

On a serious note, if you haven't had him neutered yet, do it. He's still a puppy, of course he's going to have a lot of energy. Neutering will help, and he'll stop marking his territory if he's still doing that.

I dunno why your pug is so dumb(probably lack of training and discipline), but the two pugs my ex had were honestly some of the smartest dogs I've come across. They have such an easygoing and fun personality, and some even show protective qualities depending on how they were raised. I'm very allergic to dog hair and saliva and I found their shedding to be more than manageable. To be completely honest, I'm not a dog person at all, but I don't think I'd ever consider another breed, personally.

This. I've met lots of great pugs; I guess it's all in the training, like any breed.

Lol so not only was he wrong on the grooming part but also wrong with the pug recommendation. He prolly is a cat person.

Naw; haven't had cats in a long time. I Have Bull Terriers, which I would not recommend to anyone, ever.

big dog...lab

Also, adopting/rescuing is great. I have done several myself; however, don't assume that just because some people charge what seems like an arm and a leg that they are just in it to make money. A lot of reputable breeders don't make much at all after taking care of the pregnant mother and raising the puppies properly for 8wks. For those that care about breed standards, that ish gets expensive, fast.