Picked Up a '13 5.0 for a Daily

Bark

I just picked up a 2013 Mustang GT for a driver. I've been following these cars for a while and am impressed with the new Coyote engine. I was hesitant on the MT82 transmission but after some research and multiple test drives I decided to go with the manual. It took me a few months of shopping and flip flopping to finally pull the trigger on this one:

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k606/Bark94/Mustang1.jpg

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k606/Bark94/Mustang2.jpg

Deep Impact Blue

6-speed manual

Brembo brake package

3.73 rear end

It's "CR stock" right now and the only thing I really plan to do is at a decent shifter. I was set on black for the color but the blue grew on me and I decided to go with the blue instead and I'm glad I did.

I'll get some better pic's after a wash and good polish.

I'm glad that with all the CR folk buying those we haven't heard about trans failures yet.

One exception: Anthony (Angry Bird) :no: He had terrible issues with his 'Stang...

Also love the color:thumbup: I used to be a fan of black, but as I mature(???) I appreciate a strong blue color more.

That blue looks amazing

One exception: Anthony (Angry Bird) :no: He had terrible issues with his 'Stang...

Also love the color:thumbup: I used to be a fan of black, but as I mature(???) I appreciate a strong blue color more.

On a model year that was very prone to failure.

looks lowered, very nice car.

what did your research find regarding the 13+ mt82s? I've been thinking about one but that has kept me from considering them with any seriousness.

Yeah, it's sitting on Eibach springs.

As for the MT82, I believe there is a tsb out to change the fluid and add an additive to the mix. I heard the 13-14's have a different fliud than the 11-12's.

Also the shifter on these is a remote unit mounted through linkages kind of like a fwd manual car. Upgrading the shifter and bracket along with a trans mount insert has seemed to clear up alot of notchy shifting and gear lock out issues.

There is an internal wear issue of some plastic fork pads that break or wear prematurely. There are brass pad upgrades available for this too

Yeah, it's sitting on Eibach springs.

As for the MT82, I believe there is a tsb out to change the fluid and add an additive to the mix. I heard the 13-14's have a different fliud than the 11-12's.

Also the shifter on these is a remote unit mounted through linkages kind of like a fwd manual car. Upgrading the shifter and bracket along with a trans mount insert has seemed to clear up alot of notchy shifting and gear lock out issues.

There is an internal wear issue of some plastic fork pads that break or wear prematurely. There are brass pad upgrades available for this too

The kit made by Barton is the next buy on my list. Stock shifting is very notchy.

A TSB doesn't guarantee a fix, it's only an attempt. I can almost bet money that the new fluid and additive are a combination to increase Cf for the synchronizers to grab. My take on it is a problem with clutch mechanism. The concentric slave cylinder design may look like a clever design, but in the end, it's more problematic than the design it replaced.

Later years GM cars have this problem; two Z06s, a CTS-V and a Solstice GXP, they're all the same; clutch fluid goes dark quickly and gear engagement becomes more difficult since the clutch doesnt fully disengage. My Boss 302 had a different problem, as engine speed increased, clutch pedal effort went progressively heavier until about 6500-7000 rpm when the effort became very heavy. I think it's a problem with clutch mechanism, not transmission. The problem exists in later years Nissan 350Z after the clutch design changed to concentric slave cylinder; the difference is that the number of occurence is less.