Some pics of my car from IFO

DaddyBuiltRacing

It was cutting low to mid 1.7's on Sunday. I feel it has 1.6 60fts in it for sure with some more seat time and tinkering around. The vband clamp that holds the exhaust on came loose and let the exhaust move, hit 3rd gear and blew a chunk out of the hood hahahaha. It's ok though, only paid $100 for the hood and cut holes in it to begin with.

It was cutting low to mid 1.7's on Sunday. I feel it has 1.6 60fts in it for sure with some more seat time and tinkering around. The vband clamp that holds the exhaust on came loose and let the exhaust move, hit 3rd gear and blew a chunk out of the hood hahahaha. It's ok though, only paid $100 for the hood and cut holes in it to begin with.

what kind of 60s are "good" with a fwd setup? I saw the 10.90@137 in another thread. congrats on that. just need to keep working that et down now!

I mean the big boys with lots of money in lighter chassis are cutting mid 1.4's these days. In my tank a 1.6 would be pretty solid. 2 years ago I got the car down from an 11.8 to an 11.2 just by learning to drive the car better. I think I can do the same type of thing with this setup. The car makes nearly 750hp, it should trap closer to 150 once I get it all figured out.

I mean the big boys with lots of money in lighter chassis are cutting mid 1.4's these days. In my tank a 1.6 would be pretty solid. 2 years ago I got the car down from an 11.8 to an 11.2 just by learning to drive the car better. I think I can do the same type of thing with this setup. The car makes nearly 750hp, it should trap closer to 150 once I get it all figured out.

seat time definitely helps. glad to see that you got that monkey off your back. I fought for awhile with the 10s, but once I was I got there it was easy to stay there.

Thanks, there have been some trying days along the way. Hell just last week I wasn't even going to IFO. My clutch went out on me and a new one cost $1070, I was at the point to where I thought, "damn that is $1070 I can use elsewhere in life". Luckily I have a pretty kick ass wife who shares my passion for cars and totally understands what goes on in my mind, so she basically told me to stop being a bitch, buy a clutch and go race haha.

Thanks! I had a really good run in the works against the zerolift 240, but something went wrong right around the 330 mark, check engine light came on and lost all throttle response. I am going to pull the data log and see what the hell went on exactly and hopefully fix the issue. The other runs during the day were just test and tune type passes, just trying to get a feel for the car. I know the pass before I went 10.91, I went 11.3@134 on a 2.0 60ft. We upped the boost a little bit in 1st gear and it cut a 1.7 60. I think with more boost in 1st and second and full blast in 3rd/4th the car will see mid to low 10s.

I am trying to find a video of my 10 second pass, so if anyone has one and wants to upload it to youtube for me i would be very greatful.

Man it's been a nearly 3 year struggle trying to get into the 10's. I blew a motor up along the way, I just wanna go 10.5x to be really satisfied with this car. Then who knows maybe ill try going faster or switch to a lighter chassis

Congrats-I know as FWD tricycle racers we have talked a lot over the years about it.

The great thing about it, you will likely be the fastest 4 banger roll car anywhere you go.

The bad thing, you won’t be happy with ANY car you build from here on out unless it goes 10's or better.

Thanks Drew, I have been watching some videos of the car that people have posted up and the rear suspension needs some major work. It drops so bad that it unloads the front as well. I am going to pick up some Blox drag coilovers, traction bar, align the car with me in it and corner balance it. Hopefully those changes along drop some time off the short track.