Some pictures of the flooding in Pensacola, FL

93fox

If they could only pipeline that over to California...

I know it would be a "pipe"dream (pun intended), but I've thought about that very concept; for all the expense/destruction of ag loss/wildfires because of drought, you'd think there could be 2 or 3 major pipelines/canals that could bring some of the rainwater out west.

Of course, the costs would be prohibitive, let alone the elevation changes from the Rocky Mountains. But, it's an interesting concept.

Most of southern Florida has 60+ year old criss-crossing canals for not just irrigation, but flood mitigation/drainage as well. Considering the swampland that it used to be (moreso than it is now), this has been largely effective. It's sad that with all our technological advances, we can't better utilize the natural resources around us.

I heard that area got 20" of rain in 24 hours. That's insane!

Yup, most saw 20" or over in a 24 hour period. Some even saw 25"!! I was reading somewhere, that between 9pm and 10pm, we recieved more rain total than when Hurricane Ivan hit here in 2004....

Destin got hammered, too. Have some friends over there, they are also underwater.

Ive got the first week of my honey moon coming up May 24th in Seaside FL, which is tucked in between Destin and Panama City off 30A. Im wondering if they got it bad too.

So how did you fare in the storm? Your cobra float away?

My girls back home are fine, luckily our house is on a hill. Not even 300 yards down the road, houses were underwater though. Cobra is parked at work in Houma, LA while I'm in texas.

My sister lives in Destin said everything was fine. Just lot of rain but no flooding.

Must be in a good part then. Got several friends over there and they are flooded. Some spots worse than others obviously.