GM High Tech Performance Magazine Is No more

wagner

Just found this out, in total shock...

Straight from the Editor:

So today not only concludes my career with Source Interlink Media, but with GM High Tech Performance Magazine and Camaro Now as well. Although it's a bittersweet moment, having had the opportunity to work as Editor-In-Chief of the publication that had helped inspire me to get into the business to begin with, it's still a shame.

Also, after 19 years of being in production, GM High-Tech Performance, originally High-Tech Performance, will cease to exist. It was the only all late-model GM publication on the market, catering to everything from 1985-present, and the following was immense.

I'm proud to say I was its final Editor. Evan Smith, Jim Campisano, Johnny Hunkins, Rick Jensen, and Scott David Parker laid the foundation for me. If not for them, I wouldn't have had this opportunity to begin with.

I had the opportunity to meet some of the most inspiring people in the industry, and I'll never forget them. I'd like to consider them my friends.

For those of you who subscribed, you should be receiving your final copy on or around 8/8/14. Things were just getting good, too...

By the way, I'm not going anywhere. I'd like to consider myself a mainstay in this industry, and you'll be hearing much more from me in the very near future. As they say, when one chapter closes, another one begins. I'll be introducing you to that new chapter very soon.

Yeah, I'm out a good bit of money because of this. I had the PPC C7 story that was already turned in, the feature on Ray, and some other work in the pipe that is all gone now.

I hope they are going to let me shop the C7 story since I had it done and turned in...

That sucks Wags, Im sure you will make up for it elsewhere, you're a talented writer.

Thanks, it sucks for the industry and those who are directly getting fucked by this. Rick was great to work with.

This is why I won't do the media stuff full time, just like this you can be without a meal ticket.

I might be totally out of print work: 5.0 magazine, Modified, and GM High Tech Magazine all gone, Tampa office cut, and whoever did not get let go is being sent out to CA.

It sounds like SOIC is going down and other titles like Hot Rod, Car Craft, Super Chevy, and their ford titles are in trouble too.

http://jalopnik.com/automobile-magazine-cuts-90-of-staff-and-fires-editor-1583277569?utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_facebook&utm_source=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1016595-Once-Again-Another-Sad-Day-in-Automotive-Journalism

I agree I cant tell you the last time I purchased or even looked at a print magazine. Everything online is better and you can choose what you want to read not what is chosen by the mag. You do an awesome job Brian Im sure you will continue to excel in the media market for sure.

I agree I cant tell you the last time I purchased or even looked at a print magazine. Everything online is better and you can choose what you want to read not what is chosen by the mag. You do an awesome job Brian Im sure you will continue to excel in the media market for sure.

I'm glad I started in digital and then went to print, I'm already in the door. From what I've heard it sounds like over the next few years they will be shuting more down, its just a matter of when.

Confirmed 12 titles gone, more to come...

Popular Hot Rodding,

Rod and Custom,

High Performance Pontiac,

Custom Classic Trucks,

4 Wheel Drive,

Mud Life,

5.0 Mustang,

Modified Mustangs,

Camaro Performers,

GM High-Tech Performance,

Import Tuner,

Honda Tuning

I will not be getting paid for 2 things I turned in and I might not be getting paid for something that is already published.

Un-fucking-real.

Fuckers just got my renewal too. :mad:

There are quite a few things that really suck about the internet, I really like tangable items like magazines, CDs, and real brick and mortor stores to visit. Shit still sucks.

Fuckers just got my renewal too. :mad:

There are quite a few things that really suck about the internet, I really like tangable items like magazines, CDs, and real brick and mortor stores to visit. Shit still sucks.

Think about the advertisers who paid thousands up front and now are getting the shaft.

I've made some calls and hope I can get some of my already done work published.

I'd hope HPP at least publishes the Pavement Pounders Shootout from last year, I'm gonna be pissed if they don't.

I would not get your hopes up, I've heard nothing about it. There seems to be no real details out there, just a bad deal.

Jeez that sucks. I have subscriptions to a couple of those and I look forward to new mags every month.

I'm going to see if we can still get your car in somewhere, I feel like I let you down now :(

Sad day for some of those titles. Sorry Wags.

Thanks, but I got off lucky since I don't do this for a living. I'm reading about some of the freelance people who are out thousands of dollars.

The real kicker is that its in question if some of us who have all the sudden been late paid, will get paid at all...