C7 Z06 confirmed at 650bhp/650tq

Das Borgen

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really disappointed. I expected 132-133 trap speeds. I'm sure it's only because of the aero package. ACR vipers are slower than standard vipers in a straight line and top speed, but dominate on a road course.

http://www.hotrod.com/news/2015_corvette_z06_clocks_0_60_in_less_than_3_seconds/

Just going to leave this here:

2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat does 0-60 in 2.9 seconds and the quarter-mile in 10.7

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/charger-hellcat-hits-60-under-3-seconds-might-183052913.html

Family car

Fun car

Solution, get both. Lol. Wish the charger was awd. I'll believe the 2.9 with the charger when I see it first hand. I'm assuming they used drag radials for that time, and had perfect conditions.

Really disappointed. I expected 132-133 trap speeds. I'm sure it's only because of the aero package. ACR vipers are slower than standard vipers in a straight line and top speed, but dominate on a road course.

http://www.hotrod.com/news/2015_corvette_z06_clocks_0_60_in_less_than_3_seconds/

Disappointed with a 10 sec quarter stock?? On stock tires???

Disappointed with a 10 sec quarter stock?? On stock tires???

The argument is that the old zr1 bettered those times, and had higher trap speeds by 3-4 mph with some frequency. It's no big secret gm sets out to equal the outgoing top dog, with the incoming regular vette. That is: c7=c6z. And c7z06=c6zr1.

I think we need to realize on one hand this car is likely 200lbs heavier. But also, these quoted times are very early, and likely not in the best conditions quite yet---better track, prep, etc. I think once some of these cars get broken in, and get on a great track like Mir, with good da, and good prep, we will see some routine 10.7 runs at 132+

Or I could be way off

Just going to leave this here:

2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat does 0-60 in 2.9 seconds and the quarter-mile in 10.7

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/charger-hellcat-hits-60-under-3-seconds-might-183052913.html

Really? Which 10 second, sub 3 sec to 60, american car do I choose? Sounds like first world stuff if I've ever heard it. More to the point I think the Hellcat and the Z are going to both attract their share of fans. I personally think they're both pretty freakin cool.

Family car

Fun car

Solution, get both. Lol. Wish the charger was awd. I'll believe the 2.9 with the charger when I see it first hand. I'm assuming they used drag radials for that time, and had perfect conditions.

Looks like those times are on DR's at the track.

C6Z prices hit 30k, I'll be happy.

Don't think so. At least not lower mileage ones. My '09 heads/cam car might go up for sale if this new vette is the shit. With 10 k miles on it, I don't see selling mine for much less than $45k

This car is pretty much keeping me from purchasing a 911 Turbo. I'm not sure how at this point I'll be able to justify the Porsche over this Z06.

Easy decision for me.

Edited by Farkas

Is it just something dumb the is added or modified or what?

Yeah dumb for the most part. Rear diff fluid on some of the early models was improperly filled and low on level. If its low you're supposed to test drive it and if there is any noise you replace the rear end. This one was good though.

Yeah dumb for the most part. Rear diff fluid on some of the early models was improperly filled and low on level. If its low you're supposed to test drive it and if there is any noise you replace the rear end. This one was good though.

Wonder who at the factory got fired for this one....