Lifted truck and a gooseneck?

starkmaster03

As some of you know I have a 2005 Silverado with a 6" lift. I've found a car trailer that I'm interested in but it is a gooseneck trailer. I wanted to see who might have personal experience with a lifted truck and if you were fine with pulling a gooseneck trailer. Any insight is appreciated.

It can suck. Usually a 6" lifted 2500 is quite a bit higher than a 6" lifted 1500. In my experience it really throws off the geometry of the trailer. I am over the lifted trucks by far. I lowered my race truck and the new truck will have stock size tires on it. I did not like towing gooseneck with lift at all. Plus the ride quality suffers big time. But I am almost 30 and an old man.

No clue personally but dads new neighbor (who works on a farm and DD's a GMC 2500 diesel dually) said his previous lifted truck with a drop hitch sucked so he got rid of it. Said he never could truly pull anything well.

Hope it helps. Best of luck.

No clue personally but dads new neighbor (who works on a farm and DD's a GMC 2500 diesel dually) said his previous lifted truck with a drop hitch sucked so he got rid of it. Said he never could truly pull anything well.

Hope it helps. Best of luck.

I have a drop hitch now and have pulled a 13k pound horse trailer without issue. I've been looking for a trailer for a while and I seem to come across good deals on gooseneck more than bumper pulls.

I have a drop hitch now and have pulled a 13k pound horse trailer without issue. I've been looking for a trailer for a while and I seem to come across good deals on gooseneck more than bumper pulls.

I could be wrong. Just relaying second hand info.