UFO autocross THIS SUNDAY!!

Cordell

Sunday....SUNDAY........SUNDAY!!!

Many of us will be going to The Ford owners autocross at Columbus Motor Speedway.

Autocrosses are held at the Columbus Motor Speedway, 1845 Williams Road in Columbus, Ohio. Arrive at 10:30 AM to sign up and compete, tech inspections and drivers meeting at 11:00, first car off at Noon. Cost to compete is $15, UFO Members get a discount. You must wear a helmet [we have loaners] and seat belts plus a current drivers license, and a four wheeled vehicle with no open exhaust [due to local ordinance].

All makes and models welcome! First time Autocrossers welcome! Just come on out, watch or compete, and have some FUN!

If you have never gone autocrossing this is the perfect place to try it, there is little to no chasing cones, just driving. Fairly simple course, that is easy enough for a beginner, but fun for all.

I'll be there, as well as others that can show you the basics if need be, it's too much fun to miss.

BE THERE!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Scott 100%. It's a perfect event for a new driver and great fun for drivers and spectators. Here was my report on the one they hosted last month: http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117902

No one need worry about being the slowest on the track because this weekend I'm running the Viewt. :p

Edited by Doc

No one need worry about being the slowest on the track because this weekend I'm running the Viewt. :p

Look at this guy, sandbagging THE Land speed record holding viewt. Nobody's buying it Doc. :)

From what I remember in NY, some Auto-Xs require you have open lug nuts on the wheels. Since the Audi uses bolts and not lug nuts I was just wondering if I needed to make a stop at jegs for some studs and open lugs if I decided to go. Hence why I was asking. If they are cool with me running the factory bolts then no problem.