Is black as bad as they say?

mseebs

Had black cars when I worked in a body shop, I would have our clean up guys doing wash jobs on my junk every time I drove them, otherwise they looked like shit, now that I have to wash and clean my own stuff, no way in hell will I own a black car, I am way to picky to devote that much time from my life for car clean up duties, as Farkas said..... "fuck black".....

Thanks for the input guys. I'm still a little torn on it to be honest. Because the thing is, I really like black and this black in particular (ford's tuxedo black) is one of the nicest blacks I've seen.

As far out of cars I've owned I've actually cared about, would be red and white. I found red pretty easy and personally thought white was a pain in the ass. But both I was real happy when they were all cleaned up. This car will be a mix of a daily and fun weekend car, it'll be garaged and won't see snow. All that type of deal.

Just with my work schedule, I can't afford to spend tons of time going crazy on washing my vehicles. One of the reasons I go for, spray it down and then touch less wash type thing.

I think in the end, I'll just go with 'money talks' and if the deal is good enough, I'll just go for it. Just wanted to get some views from you guys.

I had a black 540i/6 with black tint and a black interior. That thing was the damn batmobile and it looked (and with exhaust and some other work sounded) glorious!

But yes, cleaning was a nightmare. Wax it with any hard wax and you can see every single swirl, scrape, imperfection, fingernail mark, fingerprint, etc.... And taking the wax off takes forever. Every speck of wax dust sticks to the finish with static charge making it look like the bloody car has dandruff. But when it was clean, fully clean, I never got tired of looking at it. Only black cars seem to have that deep shine underneath the clear coat - the kind that looks as though you could slip through the clear coat and drown in black water.

Side note, black cars are a bit scary too. In that car, with tint, I was never the target of road rage. Now, in the red BMW with no tint, SUV-driving soccer moms give me the finger twice a week.

I'll never own a black car. Hell, the Cobra (Dark Shadow Grey) is borderline, but I keep it pretty clean. White and silver are the only way to go... :nod:

I'll disagree with white since it shows dirt easily, but silver and grey are the best at hiding it.

Nothing looks better than black when properly cleaned and detailed, and nothing is more difficult to keep looking great. Complete nightmare from a perfectionist's standpoint. I much prefer white to black now, especially having gone through the rigors of several black cars.