Selling tuned car question

BBQdDude

Other than toy barn what major Columbus lots will buy a tuned car? In talking to a few sales reps once I mention tuned they say "our company policy is to not buy ANY tuned cars".

I sold a tuned and modded WRX to Ricart, but they were dumb as fuck and the guy who bought it blew it up, and I can only assume they removed the tune (Accessport, so pretty easy to do) or went back to the stock downpipe, based on the conversation the sales guy and I had prior to the sale. They were insistent on keeping certain things, and removing others, I told him that's not how buying a modded car works unless you guys are prepared to retune it. I didn't give a fuck, they offered me a fantastic price and I told them exactly what to NOT do with the car once they took it in, sucks they (probably) didn't listen.

How are they going to know? Does the car require E85 or something to support the tune?

I have some mild mods and a great supporting tune on my MS3 but I'm not saying shit if I trade it. Why? Runs just great on 92 or higher just as it would stock. I can of course flash mine back to stock.

If you don't have anything obvious to the dealership and the next person who buys it is going to be more pleasantly surprised than disappointed, then who cares? The next person will just get to be excited about how much better the car is than they thought it would be. haha

I've "tuned" most of the shit I've had in the past 10 years or so, none of it hurt anything but I never told anyone either. Kind of feel bad for whoever bought my 2010 Silverado though, I disabled everything that cut the throttle and voided the warranty. Didn't tell them that when traded it.

Denny Datson in Johnstown. He will buy it from you for $1200 and sell it for $25,000.

I've bought and sold cars with Denny and Lyle for years and he's always given me what I've asked for my cars when I sell them, and sold me cars for cheappp