Need a good beginners welder.

cstmg8

I know there are a lot of posts on this (read 'em), but here's mine.

Looking for a welder that is good for a beginner (father in law). Price is NOT AN ISSUE. I'm going to get the harbor freight welder for myself , but not what I'm looking for here.

Lincoln maybe? Wire? Mig? It'll be for small projects, tinkering, etc.... Where is the best place to get one in stock?

Also, anywhere I can get a last minute simple welded sign ?? Like just a piece of plate steel with a bead that says "happy anniversary" ???

Thanks guys!

honestly, I have a harbor freight wire fed welder.... the wire it comes with is CRAP, go buy some lincoln wire and it turns into a decent welder. only thing I don't like is it's a hot tip welder which means that you don't have to pull the trigger to get it to arc.... the trigger only feeds the wire through... for the price it's a good beginner welder and honestly, you can make pretty decent welds with it.

I love my Lincoln 140HD I picked up from Home Depot. Welds really nice, I've only used lincoln wire. I've used the crap out of it and got my moneys worth, everything from exhaust repair, body work (on my military toys) and structural stuff. Very easy to use too.

Definitely a mig welder. I bought an arc welder several years ago and i still cant use it for shit. Its hard to get it to start and not good for a beginner.

Just my .02

What kind of arc welder? Depending of make/model wanna sell?

I love my Lincoln 140HD I picked up from Home Depot. Welds really nice, I've only used lincoln wire. I've used the crap out of it and got my moneys worth, everything from exhaust repair, body work (on my military toys) and structural stuff. Very easy to use too.

This!! My dad just got the Lincoln 140C, not the HD model since that is specific to Home Depot. So the 140C is about $200 more but it gives you an aluminum drive and infinite voltage adjust. The 140 series is nice because you can add a spool gun to it, its about the heaviest duty 110v welder on the market, and from all the other posts it seems like that is an assumption?

honestly, I have a harbor freight wire fed welder.... the wire it comes with is CRAP, go buy some lincoln wire and it turns into a decent welder. only thing I don't like is it's a hot tip welder which means that you don't have to pull the trigger to get it to arc.... the trigger only feeds the wire through... for the price it's a good beginner welder and honestly, you can make pretty decent welds with it.

Who let Clay Lanctot have two account names?