Ohio State Fair

jeffro

tl;dr CCW at Ohio state fair?

Taking the lady this evening and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with carrying at the Ohio State Fair. They make you go through metal detectors so i suspect there will be some sort of confrontation at the gates. Googling only yields me outdated information and e-lawyers. Anyone been recently?

It all depends on who owns the property. If the Fair Board claims that they own the grounds (or lease it), that is now a legal gray area. As owners or lease holders, they have the ability to control activity on the property.

Since it's a state fair it may be different. It should be posted either way though. I was there last week and carried but I'm a LEO so it's a little different. I didn't notice any signs though but I wasn't necessarily looking.

Went on Friday, they have 'Staties' at the metal detectors.....I would assume it's a 'no' but I would call OSHP to confirm.....

Troopers are contracted to work the fair as security since their academy is right there.

Best bet would be to call the fair number. 888-OHO-EXPO (888-646-3976)

You won't make it past the metal detector. Last year they wouldn't let me bring in my spyderco knife. I had to walk back to my fucking car. I highly doubt they will let you in with a handgun.

You won't make it past the metal detector. Last year they wouldn't let me bring in my spyderco knife. I had to walk back to my fucking car. I highly doubt they will let you in with a handgun.

They've always let me carry my knife inside.

I believe you can carry, but I'm not a lawyer and haven't cared enough to try myself.

Welp im not even gonna try. Gonna leave the knife in the car too. Damn feels bad man. My anxiety levels are going to be through the roof.

Don't go to the fair. There is no need to feel that way. No bueno man :/

Welp im not even gonna try. Gonna leave the knife in the car too. Damn feels bad man. My anxiety levels are going to be through the roof.

No offense but it must suck to live in fear to where your anxiety is that bad without some form of weapon on you. I don't understand that kind of thought process. Unless you're just kidding.

I mean if they are metal detecting everyone doesn't that imply nobody will have a gun in there which means if you got in some sort of confrontation all it could end up is coming to blows?

Unless you fear putting up your dukes???

• Upvote 1

No offense but it must suck to live in fear to where your anxiety is that bad without some form of weapon on you. I don't understand that kind of thought process. Unless you're just kidding.

I mean if they are metal detecting everyone doesn't that imply nobody will have a gun in there which means if you got in some sort of confrontation all it could end up is coming to blows?

Unless you fear putting up your dukes???

Chad, you're assuming it's the people at the Fair that he finds scary.

Don't forget, there's all those terrifying farm animals that could get loose.

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/emoticons/ChainGun-1.gif

You can carry at the Ohio State Fair as long as it is concealed and you have a CHL. You just can not enter any buildings with it.

Correct. When you walk through the metal detector you give the officer you CHL and he will tell you to not go in any buildings.

There are some ghetto as people at the state fair.

Its the state fair, not the Gaza strip...

"It's a movie theater..."

"It's a high school..."

"It's an elementary school..."

"It's a university..."

Oh, wait...

Yup. That always works. Nothing to worry about with metal detectors around to save your life.

Chad, you're assuming it's the people at the Fair that he finds scary.

Don't forget, there's all those terrifying farm animals that could get loose.

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/emoticons/ChainGun-1.gif

:lol:

Follow up:

My anxiety is something I have been having issues with for the last few years. It is something I cannot control. Large crowds give it to me and there's nothing I can do about it. Maybe I should stop watching mainstream media. Fortunately the place was pretty dead tonight.

Although I went unarmed, I asked the OHP working the gates if ccw was permitted. He said yes so long as you stay out of the buildings. So there's that in case anyone else was wondering.