Supra will be hybrid

Forrest Gump 9

Hmmmm.....somewhere on this planet a team of designers got some money to actually build a final product car that looks like a concept car.

Reserving the final opinion until I see that said pics are what it will really end up being.

The pics are just the FT-1 concept from earlier in the year, it has no bearing on what the actual car will look like.

I will say that the i8 is a pretty bad ass car, and turning it to 11 would make for a very capable car. As I said in the Challenger thread, with all the upcoming restrictions on CO2 and MPG you're going to see high HP gas engines die out.

I will still mention no car designed outside of Tokyo has ever made it to production for Toyota.

Also so much for "staying true to the inline six heritage"

As I said above, there's talk of more than one powertrain option. Also, I find it hard to believe that there wont be a turbo inline six Toyota especially given their colab with BMW. Whether that's this car exactly remains to be seen.

In the meantime, buy an FRS, swap a 2jz into it and stop whining. ;)

Both BMW and Toyota sported inline six cylinder engines (Only one was turbo'ed). I am sure both vendors would like to hear from gear heads (Hint this group) about the need to produce a reasonably priced sporty cars that perform. Too many of us are also hybrid phobic (I am too).. Lets see what the production model(s) look like and if the manufacturers can produce something that the gear heads like.

Like the fact we are seeing a resurgence of some of the original sports cars are coming back (AE86, Supra, maybe a RX7).

Did you read the linked article?

Sorry, I thought I had but I guess I hadn't read that one exactly. Must've been Autocar or something similar. Anyway, everywhere I've seen in the past and recently, it's said 400 or more. That's the first I heard of it being as low as 350.