One less V?

caseyctsv

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dab just called me so Insurance will know tomorrow. I will find out all of the details. So hard to believe a hit like that can total it. I have the parts list and I can get some of the parts much cheaper but still cannot get it to where it is worth fixing from a pure economic stand point.

Well, it is official, it is totalled and in Dan's opinion not worth fixing. Total estimate was 22k...parts alone were 14,500 :(

Wow, what a shame. That seems like an extremely high quote to fix it. My Charger was hit much harder than yours and it cost me less than 5k to fix with used parts. I would definately try to buy it back and get it fixed at a more reasonable location.

It's the "V" parts that are expensive...$1k each for the Hood, bumper cover and HID headlamp assembly. $500 for the stainless grill. $1k for the engine cradle. Aluminum suspension parts...

I am sure it can be fixed and returned the road for less but I wanted it to be right. If it cannot be made right for a reasonable amount I will find something else at some point.

Hood, headlights, suspension pieces are shared with V6 CTS; HID headlight is part of an option on the V6. The main grill is an option for sport package CTS, but the lower and bumper cover are specific to the V. The cradle might be specific to the V due to the engine.

Sorry to hear there will be one less in the area.

If you end up buying it back and parting it or selling as a whole, add me to the list of people interested. Regardless of what you do, I hope you find a worthy replacement.

Making a list but it may be a while since I just bought the Suburban (we refuse to have more than 1 car payment). A 2nd gen V is definitely on the list as are:

- challenger / charger SRT8 - all of the stupid hellcat promo stuff has me wanting at least an sRt8

- C6 vert - I am now old enough

- M3 vert

- Audi S5

Thinking of what's next helps me cope - so pissed off right now.

It's the "V" parts that are expensive...$1k each for the Hood, bumper cover and HID headlamp assembly. $500 for the stainless grill. $1k for the engine cradle. Aluminum suspension parts...

I am sure it can be fixed and returned the road for less but I wanted it to be right. If it cannot be made right for a reasonable amount I will find something else at some point.

As were mine being a Srt. With the parts listed above, where are the other 10k in parts that need replaced from your quote?

As were mine being a Srt. With the parts listed above, where are the other 10k in parts that need replaced from your quote?

I have the quote from Achbach. I am certain I could cut the cost significantly (I.e. HID bulb for 300) since he is quoting all new GM parts versus knock offs or used. Still, cutting the parts price in half, say 7k, you will have at least 10-12k in it. That is assuming the ECM, wiring harness, and steering rack do not need to be replaced. The harness was cut but he cannot tell how bad. At the end of the day, I wills have more in it than it is worth to fix and would never be able to get my money out of it. That is my thinking currently anyways.

Yes, ask for buy back- post it here+ a few bucks. Buy back is EASY- just your check less buyback=net check.

I am 99$ sure you could get away with fixing that for 2-3k MAX especially since the air bags did not deploy. No subframe-all non OE front end parts, paint, DONE.

Only $99 to repair JP says. Do it. :gabe: