One less V?

caseyctsv

The insured had Motorists Mutual. The experience overall was good, their first offer was low but after I tore up their valuation and provided better conparable cars for sale they made it right. I actually got more than I paid for the car 2 years ago. They offered the car to me for 10% of the settlement amount. Sam gave me a bit more for my trouble and is looking to put it back on the road.

As for me, I am considering my options for my next vehicle. It may be soon but I might wait until Spring.

10%?! You should have put that on the CR action block, I am sure you would have gotten 6-7k for it.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The insured had Motorists Mutual. The experience overall was good, their first offer was low but after I tore up their valuation and provided better conparable cars for sale they made it right. I actually got more than I paid for the car 2 years ago. They offered the car to me for 10% of the settlement amount. Sam gave me a bit more for my trouble and is looking to put it back on the road.

As for me, I am considering my options for my next vehicle. It may be soon but I might wait until Spring.

http://www.corporatecomplianceinsights.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Facebook-thumbs-up-300x300.jpg

Insurance companies....:lolguy:

I got what I wanted out of the deal...I was not looking to "profit" from it. I have enough on my plate that wheeling and dealing in this car was not something I was interested in. My time is worth money too.

But, if someone is willing to have pay MORE money-no haggle involved- then you in fact cost yourself money no? I personally would have paid 5k for the car sight unseen just for parts!

No worries, Sam is a good dude and it stays in the family. But, if he really paid that little for it I'd squeeze him for some concrete work

. :dumb:

But, if someone is willing to have pay MORE money-no haggle involved- then you in fact cost yourself money no? I personally would have paid 5k for the car sight unseen just for parts!

No worries, Sam is a good dude and it stays in the family. But, if he really paid that little for it I'd squeeze him for some concrete work

. :dumb:

Interestingly he is coming over tonight to check out my driveway :)

I don't know why I feel the need to respond again on this, but just one last response. I work 60+ hours a week at a high stress job. I live in a freaking subdivision where there is nowhere to store an additional car. I was offered more than I paid for the car as a settlement and 4k more than if I had sold it as planned. I determined it was not worth my time or effort to take delivery of the car and negotiate with some potential asshat that ultimately didn't have the money to get the car off my hands. Someone I trust and knew was good at his word offered me 500 more than the buyout in cash. Was it a good deal for Sam? Absolutely. Was it a good deal for me? Absolutely. Could I have made more? Maybe but I was not willing to sacrifice my time to do it. If Sam can put it back on the road and get a Dd driver for cheap - great for him. I will take the money and move on to something else.

Was it a good deal for Sam? Absolutely. Was it a good deal for me? Absolutely. Could I have made more? Maybe but I was not willing to sacrifice my time to do it. If Sam can put it back on the road and get a Dd driver for cheap - great for him. I will take the money and move on to something else.

^^ filled with way too much logic. Good call IMO.

I don't know why I feel the need to respond again on this, but just one last response. I work 60+ hours a week at a high stress job. I live in a freaking subdivision where there is nowhere to store an additional car. I was offered more than I paid for the car as a settlement and 4k more than if I had sold it as planned. I determined it was not worth my time or effort to take delivery of the car and negotiate with some potential asshat that ultimately didn't have the money to get the car off my hands. Someone I trust and knew was good at his word offered me 500 more than the buyout in cash. Was it a good deal for Sam? Absolutely. Was it a good deal for me? Absolutely. Could I have made more? Maybe but I was not willing to sacrifice my time to do it. If Sam can put it back on the road and get a Dd driver for cheap - great for him. I will take the money and move on to something else.

Oh no one is ragging on you boss! Your car, your call. Like I said it’s all in the family- so its all good. :)

We will all just mutter obsinaties under our breath when Sammy pulls up to CnC with some blond from last night in his Shinny CTS-V

Oh no one is ragging on you boss! Your car, your call. Like I said it’s all in the family- so its all good. :)

We will all just mutter obsinaties under our breath when Sammy pulls up to CnC with some blond from last night in his Shinny CTS-V

http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/inoutugh.gif

Stahp typing, JP...

I appreciate it a ton. Still waiting for you to text me your email so I can send over this written estimate. Trust me he is gonna get a good deal on it as well.:)