So the search ended..got the Dmax..

rage1187

Finally got around to getting the truck cleaned up, getting some minor things replaced etc.. been really busy doing detailing on the side on the weekends, and it hasnt let up one bit on top of working 50/60 hour work weeks. Another 3/4 cars this weekend.

Well with that being said. on with the pictures. Getting the EFI live this weekend, and gauges are on the way. Still got a few more things to do with the truck. gonna rhino line the rockers. LED the tail lights and 3rd brake etc. just some minor cosmetic stuff.

What i started with. Whole truck was infested with swirl marks and scratches. A no go with me.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i171/Crucifix79/dmax3_zps493ff1d9.jpg

And after a little work and a couple steps...

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i171/Crucifix79/dmax4_zpscd163aef.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i171/Crucifix79/dmax_zps4b98cafd.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i171/Crucifix79/dmax1_zpsfc920740.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i171/Crucifix79/dmax2_zps00e917ad.jpg

Very nice. My back simply won't allow me to manually buff a car. Hell, by the time I'm done regular wash and detail, my back and wrists are shot. (Simply too much abuse and injuries on a younger body.) Because of that, I even hesitate to purchase buffer pads out of fear I'll have to stop halfway thru. lol All 3 of mine need a serious claying, buffing and waxing.

How long it take you?

Very nice. My back simply won't allow me to manually buff a car. Hell, by the time I'm done regular wash and detail, my back and wrists are shot. (Simply too much abuse and injuries on a younger body.) Because of that, I even hesitate to purchase buffer pads out of fear I'll have to stop halfway thru. lol All 3 of mine need a serious claying, buffing and waxing.

How long it take you?

i want to say it took me about 5-6 hours.

I got bad ankles from the military so it does a number on me after a while. that and i work my butt off and i wont stop. so the wife makes me eat etc. if not i end up with a migraine.

On your way to having it BRO'D OUT in no time. Don't forget the nitto tires, telescoping mirrors and the stacks in the bed along with fender flares.

NO lol. it has new tires on it. I have tow mirrors on it, and i am not cutting my bed up.

lol. yeah its the lighting in my garage. i have industrial lights. good thing is, it shows every scratch, so i can detail late at night. bad thing is, it puts off a green hue color? gives terrible pictures sometimes. but like i said, it will show every scratch in the paint that there is.

i want to say it took me about 5-6 hours.

I got bad ankles from the military so it does a number on me after a while. that and i work my butt off and i wont stop. so the wife makes me eat etc. if not i end up with a migraine.

My problem, as well. Once I get started on something, I tend not to take breaks even when my body begins protesting and I pay for it later. As does my gf, since if it's my back, that means me sleeping on the couch. :thumbdown

At first, I was like, "Wow, nice purple truck :( ."

Then, I was like, "Damn, nice truck."

:)

lol. yeah its the lighting in my garage. i have industrial lights. good thing is, it shows every scratch, so i can detail late at night. bad thing is, it puts off a green hue color? gives terrible pictures sometimes. but like i said, it will show every scratch in the paint that there is.

Looks good Shawn.

I agree about the color.... purple truck is purple.... until you get it outside :) .

I call BS!:bs: I think the truck's purple and the sunshine makes it look red. :gabe: BAM!

just curious....what were the steps you took and the products you used. I am fascinated by people's different detailing techniques. Looks great by the way.

Edit: saw the steps. Still curious about the products. I used to be a huge fan of Mother's 3 part system but then they made Phase 2 machine only so I couldn't do it by hand anymore.

just curious....what were the steps you took and the products you used. I am fascinated by people's different detailing techniques. Looks great by the way.

Edit: saw the steps. Still curious about the products. I used to be a huge fan of Mother's 3 part system but then they made Phase 2 machine only so I couldn't do it by hand anymore.

I use Danase and XMT.

and just finished installing the dual gauge pod. boost and pyro. autometer. nothing beats spending two days hiding every wire, going over everything twice because you have issues, and take it up the road to find out the fkn boost gauge doesnt work. junk.