GP Karting – Track Change

OrangeDot3083

GP Karting recently (Tuesday Sep 30) made a slight change to the front track an how it’s being run. They’ve added a ‘peanut’ or ‘kick-out’.

So if you look at the track map, were running in the direction as if it is ‘super-track’, entering the pits at ‘bottom’ and exiting at ‘top’. So with that said you run the yellow track and make the transition to the blue track making a right turn instead of the normal left for the ‘super-track’. That right turn puts you back on the yellow track and heading down the long straightaway. With the one session I got last night I would say I was carrying 5 mph more in to the hairpin turn next to kart maintenance. It really changes the dynamics of the track and you really have to adjust your line coming out of the left hander heading to the blue track to set up that corner.

http://gpindoor.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Track-Map.jpg

So if you haven’t been out in a while you should stop by.

Also worth mentioning EVERY weekend in Oct will be ‘super-track’.

No... its slicker then snot on a door knob. It’s actually the part of the track that’s never been driven on before, quite crazy.

While it’s in this configuration that back track isn’t usable. I don’t think it takes more than 30 minutes to reconfigure the tracks if they needed too.