Wife is about to bring home a new 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4, any known issues?

SpaceGhost

Think we are going to do a Limited Diesel with towing and Luxury Group II package. We get a nice hookup with Ohio Health. Just hammering out details and finding the car, I guess diesel in red is pretty rare. We have a Vin but they would have to do a dealer trade.

Although we are considering a gas Overland, she is not real happy with the noisy diesel.

New Diesel are pretty silent

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Well fuck me, finally got the wife on board to upgrade to the Overland EcoDiesel and pull the trigger. Handed over some $$ and order sheet. Had to wait a week for the dealer to place it's monthly allotment. Get a call back from the salesman, apparently there is a shortage of red paint (The wife must have Deep Cherry Red Paint) and they will be unable to place the order until late Feb. Apparently some plant that Chrysler USED to own just down the street in Detroit was sold to the Japanese when they were in trouble and the Japanese took all the equipment back to Japan. So Chrysler has to wait to get paint from this company and they are shutting down to update the plant. Can't believe we want to hand this company $50k+ and they can't do anything until February. Nobody else makes red paint? When did the automotive industry get so difficult? (I know globalization)

Can't find a 2014 with the options we want either, DCR diesel, Tech package, Entertainment package, Quadra-DriveII and Block heater. Sigh, I hate shopping for cars with the wife involved. Now she is looking to bail, and wanting to go look at an Audi Q5. Just venting fellas, she's taking years off my life.

That sucks. I hadn't heard about this so I will put out some feelers. I can't believe that with the Charger and Challenger that we would be short on red. The last time I heard of this happening was after the tsunami in Japan, sine most red paint comes from there.

And yea, it is believable that there isn't another one in the US because that's a pretty specific build and Grand Cherokees are selling pretty quickly.

Let me know what you find out. Wife is not happy, and you know how the saying goes, Happy wife happy life.

Yeah, I hear ya. The sad thing is that certain paint pigments only come from that part of the world and if the paint supplier is shutting down to renovate then everyone is pretty much SOL.

A dealership sales guy told me: " Not just Red, ALL colors are on hold until Q1 2015, except for Silver, Black, White and Granite."