Honda 420 4wheeler

nuttinfas

Does anyone know a good shop who can rebuild the carb on my Honda 4wheeler? I need it back by this weekend and the card is leaking gas out the bottom hose on the carb. I think it's the floats but I'd like to have new needles and jets put in it. Anyone know someone?

• 4 weeks later...
there is some fuel additives that will lessen the effect of ethanol on your fuel system. If you're near the southend of Columbus, hit up Independent Motorsports and they will more than likely have something that can get you taken care of.

I got it fixed today. We pretty simply. I've been told to try and run gas with low ethanol. Any ideas where I can get this from?

I use Sta-bil marine formula enzyme in my engines that don't see daily use. I using it in my '64 chevy, my 1979 johnson boat engine, and my lawn equipment. So far I have not had any issues and it has kept my boat engine gas good for about 2years now. Rarely you can still find gas stations that don't add ethanol. I know one of the shell stations and a UDF near me has gas without the ethanol. There is probably some sort of website somewhere that tracks who sells non-ethanol gas.

The issue is that ethanol like alcohol precipitates (makes gritty crystals) with water (condensation). It also is caustic to aluminum and other metals after prolonged exposure. Unfortunately, a lot of carbs are made out of aluminum. This is why racers on alcohol always flushed their systems at the end of the season and lubed everything well before putting it away.

Hope that helps.

BTW- in the future for vintage cycles and such there is a placed called Royal Motor Performance ( 3640 Brandon St, Columbus, OH 43224). I have not used them in over 10yrs, but back then they were the only ones in columbus that would touch a bank of Kehins.