College Football Thread v6.0

bicranium

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you want to bet? Yeah yeah I flaked on the golf passes two years ago let's all laugh.

$50 straight up or do you wanna do a $ per point team wins by? Loser can either PayPal or collect in person.

I'd say $50 straight up.

Also, let's agree that we'll all try to get together for drinks at BW3's or somewhere to watch a Thursday night game or something. Winner can collect there, we can all hang out and talk football, etc. We've been trying to plan a get together like this for a while.

I'd say $50 straight up.

Also, let's agree that we'll all try to get together for drinks at BW3's or somewhere to watch a Thursday night game or something. Winner can collect there, we can all hang out and talk football, etc. We've been trying to plan a get together like this for a while.

And everytime it is scheduled to happen we all get a text from you about 20 minutes beforehand "Bad hair night bros, lets reschedule"

• Upvote 1

OSU just landed 4* QB/Athlete Torrence Gibson out of Florida. He seems to think he's playing QB in college, many "experts" think his best fit is at WR. It will be interesting to see how his career unfolds. I know this much, it creates quite a log jam at the QB position for the next 4 years

2015 you will have:

SR Braxton (assuming he comes back)

rS0 Barrett

Jr Jones

rFr Collier

Fr Gibson

Fr Burrow

2016 you have:

rJr Barrett

Sr Jones

rS0 Collier

rFR Gibson

rFr Burrow

Freshman (Whatever kid they choose to take in that class)

2017 you have:

rSr Barrett (assuming he stays til his Sr year)

rJr Collier

rSO Gibson

rSO Burrows

rFR 2016 Recruit

Freshman Danny Clark

2018:

rSr Collier

rJr Gibson

rJr Burrows

rSo 2016 recruit

rFr Danny Clark

I suspect someones gonna transfer, end up at a different position or simply not end up coming to Ohio State. Joey Burrow comes to mind as a kid who may start to look elsewhere. BTW I am going to his teams playoff game on Friday with a buddy of mine. I am interested in seeing just how good he is, I know his stats and highlight film look impressive.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cardale transfer if Braxton does indeed come back next year. He showed me more than I ever expected to see out of him on Saturday. He can play. But he'll be a redshirt junior behind a redshirt sophomore and potentially a redshirt senior next year. It's nice having a seemingly constant flow of at least competent QB's on the roster. I never want to see a Joe Bauserman on the field at Ohio State ever again.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cardale transfer if Braxton does indeed come back next year. He showed me more than I ever expected to see out of him on Saturday. He can play. But he'll be a redshirt junior behind a redshirt sophomore and potentially a redshirt senior next year. It's nice having a seemingly constant flow of at least competent QB's on the roster. I never want to see a Joe Bauserman on the field at Ohio State ever again.

Yeah he really surprised me. "Ain't come to play school" makes me think he isn't smart enough to be anything more than a back up though.

I'm not real sure why anyone was surprised by him to be honest. The kid lit up the Big 33 game and was a beast for Glenville. You don't get an Ohio State offer if you're trash. I do agree that a transfer from him would probably be in his best interest if he wants to potentially make a living at the next level. 6'5 250 with a rifle arm and can run. He reminded me of Ben Rothlisberger in the way he moves and his size. If anything it shows just how good Barrett is/can be if he beat out a guy like Jones. It's a great problem to have regardless!

I'm not real sure why anyone was surprised by him to be honest.

His grades weren't good enough to get into OSU out of Glenville so he had to go to FUMA for a semester. He's been on the verge of being either kicked off the team or transferring multiple times already. He had 7 pass attempts in his OSU career before Saturday.

I think being surprised to see him throw 2 TD's in a full cleanup half isn't too crazy.

I met Cardale at Comfest this year. Huge ass dude wearing tons of Buckeye stuff- I asked if he played for Ohio State and he responded "Yes sir" and I asked his name and he told me. I shook his hand and wished him luck this season.

2 things:

1) Incredibly respectful, polite and just overall a nice dude.

2), Biggest fucking hands I've ever shook in my life. I'm not a tiny little man and his hands literally ate mine for dinner. It was insane.

Morale of the story: Seems like a good dude who tweeted something dumb as shit. I definitely wish him the best of luck, he has some great talent.

Edited by Zx2guy19

I can't imagine how much of an ass I would have made of myself if I had Twitter or other social media when I was 18 years old.

That's cool to hear about Cardale (@ Brad). I was impressed with how well Cardale threw the ball (@ everyone else).

Well, one day closer to MSU. Time for a coming out party for OSU....I hope.

I like how our defense is playing and I'm hoping Herman keeps the play book open to the right pages this time around :)

Also, Mr. Jump'N'Jive has taken his licks in here like a champ. I can't fathom following a team and liking them based on someone else's likes, but whatever. He gets credit for sticking with his team, even if it's 'Bama.

Here's to hoping Mr. Awesome Hair is $50 wealthier come early Sunday morning :)

I can't imagine how much of an ass I would have made of myself if I had Twitter or other social media when I was 18 years old.

True fucking story.

Also, Mr. Jump'N'Jive has taken his licks in here like a champ. I can't fathom following a team and liking them based on someone else's likes, but whatever. He gets credit for sticking with his team, even if it's 'Bama.

Hate and respect are not mutually exclusive to one another.

14 in this week's rankings, right around d where they are in the polls. Against the rankings and polls look a lot alike. Joey Galoway seems to thinks if Osu win Saturday then the b10 doesn't make the playoffs. He may be right about that, considering 2 loss Ole Miss is at #11 haha Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

3* DB Joshua Norwood out of Georgia committed tonight. He was once part of the Cincy class but decommitted, had offers from Illinois and Duke. This to me is really strange as it's the first time I have heard his name and to me came out of nowhere. With 20 commits now, you have to think the staff knows some kids who are still on the board aren't coming here or there's a lot of attrition coming this off season.

FWIW, this makes 5 DB's in this class. I wonder if one of the currently committed is going to end up elsewhere.

I think a lot of people expect Carlton Davis to end up either not qualifying or going elsewhere. They seemed to want another CB pretty badly though between Norwood and Briscoe (current Clemson commit).

Class has a bit of a Tressel feel to it. Lot of 3* sleeper types. Birm at 11w said Norwood is a kid SEC teams will likely regret not getting in on earlier come December/January. Schmidt and Feder have huge, athletic frames for Marotti and Warinner to work with. Then Berry's ranking is allegedly so low because no one thought he would turn his academics around but he did and is supposed to be a freak.

Another kid currently in the class people expect to end up elsewhere is Alabi to MSU. He and Mike Weber could flip from OSU and UM respectively to MSU then LJ Scott might end up with OSU since most think Harris is UK.

WTF is up with Arizona State moving up 5 spots after beating Utah?

Also, it makes a lot of sense how Alabama improves by a spot after a bye yet Michigan State doesn't...

This is all looking like what I predicted/feared, which is that there really will not be that much movement from week-to-week because the committee is now psychologically wedded to its choices.

I AM happy that, at least for this week, Bama is not in the top 4. That's is aside from the fact that I believe Bama would beat Auburn at a neutral site.

Auburn is also overrated. I'd put one loss Michigan State in the top 4 over them. MSU's only had one close game (not counting their obvious loss, nor am I for Auburn for the sake of this argument), whereas Auburn has had a few against some REALLY bad teams like South Carolina, and arguably should be a 2-loss team right now, with the other loss to K-State.

IMO, Mississippi State, Florida State, Oregon, Michigan State.

Rabble rabble rabble.