College Football Thread v6.0

bicranium

So I'm kinda pissed that the OSU game and Bama game are on at the same time. I will be checking this thread often.

Disclaimer: if OSU is losing I will be taunting. Lets not haves bunch of sandy vaginas of that happens.

If Bama is losing I fully expect the thrashing to commence and SEC hatred to continue. It's all in good fun.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm kinda pissed that the OSU game and Bama game are on at the same time. I will be checking this thread often.

Disclaimer: if OSU is losing I will be taunting. Lets not haves bunch of sandy vaginas of that happens.

If Bama is losing I fully expect the thrashing to commence and SEC hatred to continue. It's all in good fun.

I can respect this.

As long as we're all on the same page. :)

What games weren't they favored in?

@MSU and @Wiscy in 2012. I can't find a 3rd so the stat may have been wrong.

This site has a good database to look up odds... http://www.oddsshark.com/ncaaf/database

Not sure where oddsshark pulls their lines from so maybe OSU was an underdog in some other game but I really can't think of one where they would have been.

Pretty cool looking at the lines on that site though. OSU is 15-15 in their last 30 games as an underdog. Had a pretty rough 5-game losing stretch in those games under Tressel though...

NC game vs. LSU

@ USC in 2008

PSU in 2008

Fiesta Bowl vs. Texas

USC in 2009

Since then it's gone 2 wins, 2 losses, 2 wins, 2 losses, 2 wins so following the pattern... OSU has already lost this weekend's game. Welp, they tried. :fuuuu:

Well, the Bengals suck, the Cavaliers suck...It's up to Ohio State to save the week/possibly this sports season for me. Then again, how many times have we (Ohio State fans) relied on Ohio State to not let us down over the years? I feel losing big games are a common occurrence and it almost doesn't faze me anymore. I'm trying to be as optimistic about this game, but of course I have my doubts. I'm just waiting for a happy moment in sports haha, and it's been a long time coming. #endrant

P.S. I still think we pull this off...

And the doubt starts to set in for OSU fans......

Unfortunately Urban Meyer and the rest of the coaching staff hasn't really given us a reason to be hopeful yet.

Here is how the game will go for OSU depending on one thing.

Situation A) They play conservative Tom Herman style primetime football, they lose by 17.

Situation B) They open it up, have some faith in the players and play-makers on offense, they win by double digits.

I truly believe that is what it comes down to. Let's see how it goes...

The coaching staff his seemed loose, the players seem focused. Mark Dantonio just guaranteed a win on ESPN "We got a win coming tomorrow".

I have a good feeling about the game.

The coaching staff his seemed loose, the players seem focused. Mark Dantonio just guaranteed a win on ESPN "We got a win coming tomorrow".

Probably the dumbest thing he's ever said. He could wake up to a sleeping giant tomorrow night. At least that's my hope.

Whoa, wtf - seriously? That's about an idiotic thing to do. Especially when Dantonio made a big deal about Michigan planting the stake in the field pre-game; what goes around comes around.

Unfortunately Urban Meyer and the rest of the coaching staff hasn't really given us a reason to be hopeful yet.

Here is how the game will go for OSU depending on one thing.

Situation A) They play conservative Tom Herman style primetime football, they lose by 17.

Situation B) They open it up, have some faith in the players and play-makers on offense, they win by double digits.

I truly believe that is what it comes down to. Let's see how it goes...

Honestly if Tom Herman doesn't play some fucking football and swing for the fences the entire game (except for MAYBE the first drive to settle JT's nerves), I'm going to be calling for his termination after this game. We absolutely will not even have a CHANCE at winning playing cute conservative wait-for-the-other-team-to-fuck-up football against MSU, because they don't fuck up.

Honestly if Tom Herman doesn't play some fucking football and swing for the fences the entire game (except for MAYBE the first drive to settle JT's nerves), I'm going to be calling for his termination after this game. We absolutely will not even have a CHANCE at winning playing cute conservative wait-for-the-other-team-to-fuck-up football against MSU, because they don't fuck up.

Golden Schnauzie.

Dantonio seems pretty soft spoken, maybe he is worried about OSU more than anyone really knows. Maybe that guarantee was more him trying to wake his team up than waking up Ohio State. Although, I sure hope that backfires on him and OSU comes out on fire. If they play conservative football like Herman is known to do, I too will be calling for his job. I was calling for it after the Michigan State game last year, the dude has done nothing to impress me since being at Ohio State. Urban even made mention during halftime at PSU that the team needed to open things up, yet they didn't haha. Maybe Urban will have to step up and be the head coach for once and just take over the offense. I am optimistic about tomorrow, but wouldn't be surprised of OSU left with a loss. This was honestly the only game of the season that made me nervous (I thought they'd pound Va Tech).