College Football Thread v6.0

bicranium

We should be ahead of Nebraska in the CFP poll.

KSU, Notre Dame, Auburn and Michigan State should drop behind OSU. So that puts OSU at 9th. The question is whether or not the committee can get the SEC's balls out of their mouth long enough to move OSU ahead of 2-loss Ole Miss. Also if said balls prevent them from dropping Auburn below OSU.

I don't see any way ole miss or auburn is ahead of us. There really is no justification, especially how much respect Ohio State is getting. I could realistically see us sitting at 7.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see any way ole miss or auburn is ahead of us. There really is no justification, especially how much respect Ohio State is getting. I could realistically see us sitting at 7.

I obviously agree that OSU should be ahead of them I'm just being cautious in expecting the committee to clear their throats of SECemen enough to move OSU ahead of Ole Miss while also dropping Auburn as much as they should.

I think Wilson missing action is a blessing in disguise, as much as I hate to root against a kid he pisses me off. All I read and heard during his recruitment was how explosive he was and how we stole him from Oregon. Flash forward 2 years and he has done absolutely nothing to show me that he is what I was told he was. Marshall to me looks far better on the field with the ball in his hand. With Wilson out, Marshall will really get his chance to shine.

Rewatching game now.

Jalin Marshall is really impressive. I think he could be something special.

Also I've been critical of Ohio State's game planning and offensive strategy in big games lately. Well i have to give them a lot of credit for calling a masterful game.

Barrett could be the best, ever.

Is there anyone here that thinks Miller is a better QB than Barrett?

I want to like Miller. Their play style is just so different its hard to compare.

Amazing we are so lucky to have this dilemma again, two fantastic quarterbacks.

I wonder without the threat of being worried if Miller gets injured, I wonder if they can play him harder? Have them both out at the same time and really mess with defenses?

I will say that Barrett seems to be a fantastic leader and is well rounded. I am just blown away by how much he's grown in the time he's been playing. Imagine 1 or 2 seasons from now. His Previous knee injury has me worried. Seen him hobbling around a few times.

AND the rumors are out now...

oumassara wrote: Pasting below an e-mail to me today from a Florida St. fan:

you heard about this rumor? This was posted last night on warchant:

1. Braxton Miller to transfer to FSU. Ohio State quarterback Braxton Miller is on pace to earn his undergraduate degree and as such would be eligible to take advantage of the NCAA's graduate transfer rule (see Russell Wilson). A rumor has been making the rounds that FSU is on his short list of schools, since it runs a pro-style offense. The thinking being that Miller would be a stopgap QB between Winston and J.J. Cosentino and/or the 2015 group of incoming freshman QBs. Sounds good on paper, but don't hold your breath.

I can't 100 percent dismiss this rumor, but I can tell you that nobody in a position to know at FSU is aware of this as even being a possibility. Of course, if Miller called up Jimbo Fisher asking to transfer, he would certainly consider it. But no call or even feelers have been put out in that direction yet. I get that Miller probably can't directly contact Fisher or anybody at FSU at this stage, but there are backdoor ways of gauging interest (like going though your old high school coach, players you might know on the team, etc.). Point is, nothing at all has come FSU's way yet, even through secondary channels.

Nevada says

Braxton isn't leaving Ohio State. Bank that.

A lot has been posted, don't feel like reading it all...Go Bucks!

And to toot my own horn...

Big 12 - Baylor, Oklahoma is over rated, has 3 losses, maybe 4

They play Nov. 8, all Big 12 opponents play each other. Oklahoma will have a loss or two going into the game, they might be favored but they won't win. Just my prediction.

I say see ya later to Braxton. As we all know I have never been sold on him as a quarterback. Him coming back next year does nothing but hinder Barrett's growth. No way on earth do you sit Barrett his rSO year after lighting it up this year. Braxton isn't the first "great" and I say "great" loosely qb to lose his job due to an injury. I do believe Rothlisberger and Tom Brady both got their positions due to a star qb going down to injury.

I want to like Miller. Their play style is just so different its hard to compare.

Amazing we are so lucky to have this dilemma again, two fantastic quarterbacks.

I wonder without the threat of being worried if Miller gets injured, I wonder if they can play him harder? Have them both out at the same time and really mess with defenses?

I will say that Barrett seems to be a fantastic leader and is well rounded. I am just blown away by how much he's grown in the time he's been playing. Imagine 1 or 2 seasons from now. His Previous knee injury has me worried. Seen him hobbling around a few times.

Agreed. And I like the thought of both of them on the field. Meyer is no stranger to having 2 great college QBs.

considering Braxton's throwing shoulder issues and no chance at making it as a quarterback in the NFL, he may consider changing positions.

I think he should be on the field...with Barrett primarily under center. Defend that.

My brain tends to run wild when thinking of the offensive possibilities of having both in the backfield. Talk about forcing the defense into playing your game. You could have three major threats that have to be accounted for every play or you will pay with yards, and the potential explosive run. Defense sells out on the run, a mind boggling number of play-action options open up, and with our athletes, we win that battle most of the time. Pick your poison.

I think Braxton only changes positions if his shoulder will never be the same. I honestly think that could be a great possibility. They moved his schedule back recently and he cant throw a real football until June.

If he wants to play QB and transfer, he would have to find a school where he wants to play, and they want him, and they offer a graduate program that Ohio State does not. That could be a tough task.

Braxton would have to swallow a big chunk of ego to stay here and not be the #1 QB. However, if he leaves for the NFL, he's not in the best of places to be drafted as a QB. I can see this turning into a fairly big dilemma.

On a tangent, I don't know why more mediocre QB's don't switch and play some other position. Antwan Randle El and Deshawn Jackson come to mind immediately. I wish Pryor would do it.

Nice calls. I was really high on Oklahoma coming into this season - failed miserably there.

I failed worse on South Carolina...

Whose ready for some MACtion tonight and tomorrow night?

Prediction for CFP:

1 Mississippi State

2 Florida State

3 Oregon

4 Alabama (I think they give nod to Bama for winning on road and because they were ranked higher than TCU to begin)

5 TCU (TCU won at home, Bama won on road)

6 Arizona State (though I could easily see Ohio State at 6; Ohio State's road victory probably more impressive than Arizona State's home victory)

7 Ohio State (I could see Arizona State at 7)

8 Baylor

9 Ole Miss (so stupid, I wouldn't put any 2 loss team in top 10 at this point, but the committee will)

10 Nebraska