College Football Thread v6.0

bicranium

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few things I'll be looking at Tuesday when the rankings are revealed. How much will TCU be punished for almost losing to a terrible team. Who will be ranked higher, Auburn or Nebraska? How much will Wisconsin jump? Any chance OSU jumps the Big 12 teams since this week?

A few things I'll be looking at Tuesday when the rankings are revealed. How much will TCU be punished for almost losing to a terrible team. Who will be ranked higher, Auburn or Nebraska? How much will Wisconsin jump? Any chance OSU jumps Big 12 teams since this week?

An OSU blowout victory might have had us jump up, but with the score the way it was, I imagine we still end up behind one or both B12 teams, at least for this week. Gotta hope Wisky holds, gets big credit for dismantling Nebraska, and that we can hold Gordon to 1000 yards or less in the championship game. (Last year's defense held him to less than 80 yards, obviously not a totally fair comparison with personnel changes, and that was at home)

Oh, and we have to annihilate Indiana and TTUN.

I think Miss at and Bama swap places and Arizona drops out and everyone else moves up a spot to fill that void.

I think you see Georgia and Michigan st break Into top ten this week.

Alabama

Oregon

Fsu

TCU

Miss St

Baylor

Ohio St.

Ole miss

Georgia

Michigan st

There's my top ten

I think Miss at and Bama swap places and Arizona drops out and everyone else moves up a spot to fill that void.

I think you see Georgia and Michigan st break Into top ten this week.

Alabama

Oregon

Fsu

TCU

Miss St

Baylor

Ohio St.

Ole miss

Georgia

Michigan st

There's my top ten

From an objective view, Mississippi State shouldnt get credit for a "quality loss." Who have they beaten? Their top 3 wins are against LSU, Auburn and Texas A&M. I wouldn't be suprised if Miss St. drops to 7 or 8 to be honest.

Muschamp fired by Florida, but will coach out the remaining two games.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/11/16/7001173/will-muschamp-florida-fired-coach

Hopefully, Florida gets inspired for their outted coach and wins one for the Gipper against the Jameis Winstons.

BTW, is anyone else annoyed when people point to FSU's undefeated record from last year as some criterion for their worthiness this season? I see this all the time, "Well, until Florida State loses I have to rank them #X, blah blah blah." What does last year have to do with this year? It would be like saying, "Well, since Ohio State has a lot of Heisman winners, you really have to put JT Barrett at the top of the Heisman list this year." It's a faulty kind of reasoning that annoys me.

PS - yes, I'm annoyed when the media points out how Ohio State has won X amount of conferences games in a row. It starts to sound really forced: "Ohio State is undefeated when playing teams from the Big 10 that begin with 'I,' are missing their starting left tackle, and when the game is played outdoors."

Coaches poll

Fsu

Bama

Ducks

Miss st

Tcu

Baylor

Buckeyes

Ole miss

Sparty

Georgia

Ap

Fsu

Bama

Oregon

Miss st

Tcu

Baylor

Ohio st

Ole miss

Georgia

Michigan st

I was pretty damn close. And it looks like miss st did Infact have a "quality" loss and still in top 4

Edited by Lauren

How the fuck Georgia could ever sniff the top 10 after being decimated by a Florida team that just fired their coach is beyond me. Oh, wait, #SEC.

I fear I'm going to be right and Miss State is going to get parked a couple of spots in front of Ohio State in the CFP. And both the B12 teams will be too.

This is not the slaughter you buckeye fans needed to get into the playoff. I think Osu actually will drop a placement or two

I really want to see Alabama play in those conditions. I doubt they will score a point and will be decimated by the Buckeyes or the Gophers.

I really want to see Alabama play in those conditions. I doubt they will score a point and will be decimated by the Buckeyes or the Gophers.

So you are blaming your teams sub par win over a mediocre team on the weather?

My original comment holds true. OSU needs to dominate every team they play, blow outs, to get the eyes of the voting to jump in the top 4. Beating a team who has been ranked for the first time all season at #25 by one touchdown isn't helping the Buckeyes chances.

Which is why when the playoff is inevitably moved to an 8 team format, the first round should be home games for the top 4 seeds. It would saves fans thousands in travel costs, and provide a real benefit for teams that earn it. I would love nothing more than to force some cozy, never plays in sub 50 temps team, to deal with 15 and snowing.

So you are blaming your teams sub par win over a mediocre team on the weather?

Yes he is and it's a valid argument. And if you're trying to act like weather can't alter the outcome of a game then you're an idiot.

I'd be careful here - the SEC's reluctance to travel out of the South is one of the only very real criticisms that can be tossed at it. So when someone says "hey I'd like to see Alabama play in shitty winter weather" Bama fans really have no retort.

I would love to see them play anywhere snow or no snow.

Anyone remember the snow bowl last year in philly? I love watching snow games.

The flaw in your logic is both OSU and minnesota are snow season teams. They are acclimated to playing in those conditions.

When someone talks more about the opponent than thier own team you have to wonder from what insecurity does this constant blabbering come?

Maybe he's scared he's wrong? Maybe Alabama has some flaws that would be exposed in 28 degrees and snow? Maybe the chance that his one happiness in life could let him down is causing him to lash out in the ways of a infant in need of milk?

CR, you decide...

Someone on TV (either ABC post-game, some ESPN highlight show, something) said it never got above 21.

The suggestion that OSU or even Minnesota are snow teams is hilarious. No one is a "snow team." You don't have teams practicing specifically to play in snow all the time because it rarely happens. I believe that game went down as the coldest ever in TCF Bank Stadium (young stadium - that will be broken - but still) and the coldest game OSU has played in over 40 years.

Edit: Found the official numbers... 15 at kickoff (previous low at TCF was 18 set last year) and coldest OSU game since 1964 vs. Michigan.

Yes he is and it's a valid argument. And if you're trying to act like weather can't alter the outcome of a game then you're an idiot.

lol,He has already proven that he is an idiot time and time again. He probably should get approval from his wife before he keeps on posting on this forum.