College Football Thread v6.0

bicranium

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said a long time ago (after the Va Tech loss) that if OSU wins out they would make the playoff due to $$$. College football is a business and there is no better business within it outside of Ohio State. No one travels as well as they do, plus loved or hated people will watch them play because it's Ohio State. An Alabama/OSU matchup would do astronomical ratings in my opinion.

Why we need a 8 team playoff!!!! 5 conf champions gets automatic bids. 3 goes to at large bids, goes to the 3 teams with impressive records and big money rich fan base.

So it goes to Oregon, FSU and tOSU. Ohio State has the largest fan base in the country. It would be stupid to not put Ohio State in the playoffs.

OSU is going to the playoffs as long as they win out, there's no doubt in my mind.. I don't think there's an SEC/ESPN bias against them. Hell, there's a pro-OSU article featured on ESPN's front page right now

They control their own destiny. If they win out they are in for sure.

They control their own destiny. If they win out they are in for sure.

Sadly, not one single team controls it's own destiny in this stupid, half-ass "playoff" system that we have. Rather, what we have boils down to a popularity contest. Therefore, no one can, by definition, control their own destiny.

Playoffs in all other sports? Yup, they control their own destiny. For instance, whoever wins the NFC East is going to the playoffs.

Playoffs in CFB? Popularity contest.

Sadly, not one single team controls it's own destiny in this stupid, half-ass "playoff" system that we have. Rather, what we have boils down to a popularity contest. Therefore, no one can, by definition, control their own destiny.

Playoffs in all other sports? Yup, they control their own destiny. For instance, whoever wins the NFC East is going to the playoffs.

Playoffs in CFB? Popularity contest.

Spot on.

Huge rumor flying around that Noah Spence is preparing to play in the last 3 games of the season. Now, it does not mention exactly which 3 games. He has his appeal hearing on Tuesday, that could mean Michigan, B10 championship game and bowl game/playoffs. Take it with a grain of salt as OSU is saying they don't know anything about it, but Dontre Wilson posted an instagram pic of Spence and said "minor set back for a major come back"

They have the #1 projected NFL TE in Jeff Heuerman and can't even get him involved, not to mention a pretty good backup in Nick Vannett.

Hopefully OSU doesn't get caught looking ahead to Michigan on Saturday. The weather is supposed to be near 50 and the rain is only at 20%, open it up and get the starters out early to avoid injury.

BTW Duke is getting rolled on by N. Carolina right now. ACC championship game will most likely be Florida State vs Georgia Tech

Huge rumor flying around that Noah Spence is preparing to play in the last 3 games of the season. Now, it does not mention exactly which 3 games. He has his appeal hearing on Tuesday, that could mean Michigan, B10 championship game and bowl game/playoffs. Take it with a grain of salt as OSU is saying they don't know anything about it, but Dontre Wilson posted an instagram pic of Spence and said "minor set back for a major come back"

I'm pretty sure the suspension is from the Big Ten, so anything besides when his appeal hearing is, would be pure speculation. Spence's camp is probably going to ask for immediate reinstatement, which would give him time to play in those 3 games.

I'm not sure where the suspension is from, some are saying he failed an OSU drug test, not a B10 test. We will find out this week if there is truth to the rumor or if it's just wishful thinking. I have found it kind of weird this entire time that Spence has continued practicing. To me, if the school knew you failed your 2nd b10 test, knows the rule about being gone for good, then they wouldn't have you practicing.

I'm not sure where the suspension is from, some are saying he failed an OSU drug test, not a B10 test. We will find out this week if there is truth to the rumor or if it's just wishful thinking. I have found it kind of weird this entire time that Spence has continued practicing. To me, if the school knew you failed your 2nd b10 test, knows the rule about being gone for good, then they wouldn't have you practicing.

On the other hand, "Best Scout Team DE EVAR".

He isn't practicing. Urban has allowed him around the team and facility and allowed him to work out the entire time. I believe he stopped practicing the week after his 2nd failed test.

What leads me to believe that this isnt an OSU test is that the 2nd positive test for a banned substance is a 2 weeks suspension for an OSU test and total athletic expulsion for a 2nd failed PED test. If he was going to appeal the suspension, he would be appealing that the punishment was too harsh and that is should be the 2 week suspension. OSU says the appeal has to be filed within 7 days. The way his punishment has gone, it seems to be an NCAA or B1G test, which would allow him to be around the team and be on scholarship still.

IF Spence were to be available (Big "if"), I don't think that you start him. D-Line has been playing this long as a unit. I definitely think you bring him in on passing downs, and use him to give a rest to the others, though.

I disagree. He's a big time pro prospect, and we haven't exactly been a good run stopping team. Not saying he will completely change that, but I'm not sure how much worse our run defense could get?

BREAKING NEWS:

NOAH SPENCE REINSTATED.

They went ahead and gave him the Heisman too. Which he held high above his head as he was triumphantly carried out of the appeals hearing on the backs of the committee.

This may or may not have been an ecstasy induced fever dream.