College Football Thread v6.0

bicranium

Arizona is Ohio Jr.

Arizona State is in Tempe, which is a suburb of Phoenix.

Arizona is in Tucson, which, while not exceedingly far from Phoenix, definitely isn't in that area.

I'm sure that Arizona would have a nice following at the Fiesta Bowl. But, it would be essentially a home game for Arizona State.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bored and decided to predict the rest of the season.

Miss St. 11-2

@Alabama - W

@Ole Miss - L

vs. UGA (SEC champ game) - L

Oregon 12-1

vs. Colorado - W

@ Oregon St - W

vs. Arizona (Pac 12 champ game) - W

Florida St 12-1

@ Miami - L

vs. Boston College - W

vs. Florida - W

vs. Duke (ACC champ game) - W

TCU 10-2

@ Kansas - W

@ Texas - L

vs. Iowa St - W

Alabama 10-2

vs. Miss St - L

vs. W. Carolina - W

vs. Auburn - W

Arizona St 10-2

@ Oregon St - W

vs. Wash St - W

@ Arizona - L

Baylor 11-1

vs. Oklahoma St - W

vs. Texas Tech - W

vs. Kansas St - W

Ohio St 12-1

@ Minnesota - W

vs. Indiana - W

vs. Michigan - W

vs. Nebraska (B1G champ game) - W

Final Standings

1) Oregon

2) Baylor

3) Ohio State

4) UGA? FSU? who the fuck knows

SEC doomed?

Baylor/TCU are both impressive on offense and fun teams to watch. Purely as a fan of the sport, I'd be pissed if the Big XII was left out (we'll assume both teams win out for the purpose of this). Part of the draw to the playoff, IMO, is seeing the different "styles of play" that each conference/team traditionally has.

Reason #93 why it needs to be expanded to an 8 team playoff ASAP so the what-beats-what can be fleshed out a bit.

UGA winning the SECCG would cause a clusterfuck for sure, regardless of anyones' records.

We've talked about this before, 8 is the way to go. 5 power conference champions, 2 wild cards and 1 spot for an independent like ND or a conference champion like Boise State.

agreed.

I was talking expansion for the Big 12 to have a championship game. I think when they see how much money they are "losing" after not having one it's just a matter of time.

agreed.

I was talking expansion for the Big 12 to have a championship game. I think when they see how much money they are "losing" after not having one it's just a matter of time.

Oh, yeah they need to at 2 teams in order to be 12 haha. I think they should be penalized for not playing a conference championship game honestly. The other power 5 conferences and well almost every other conference will have played 1 more game than them.

Oh, yeah they need to at 2 teams in order to be 12 haha. I think they should be penalized for not playing a conference championship game honestly. The other power 5 conferences and well almost every other conference will have played 1 more game than them.

The selection committee said it will hurt teams from the Big 12. That's when the Big 12 started their ad campaign "one true champion" because everyone plays each other.

If they wanted to expand to 12 or even 14 (that seems to be the #, Big 10, ACC & SEC) it would be interesting who they try to invite. I think Boise St. is the only "given" but the Pac 12 may have them on their wish list if they expand to 14 as well.

I agree with them adding Boise, as for the 12th team I am not real sure who they could add.

Possibilities region?

BYU - Maybe, they would do it in a heartbeat.

Houston - Maybe

SMU - nope.

Rice - nope.

Colorado St. - it would put them back in the Denver market

Tulsa - nope

The 100 other schools in Texas - Nope

I can see Cincy as a real possibility. Newly renovated stadium, good sized market, good for recruiting and gives West Virginia someone "closer"

If they don't care about logistics at all, UCF, ECU or UConn might be in the mix

I really don't see teams from current power conferences leaving for the Big 12 unless Nebraska decides the grass wasn't greener.

Nebraska left the B12 due to the Longhorn Network, so I don't see them going back anytime soon. BYU would make sense the most out of those schools listed as I think they bring more revenue than any of the others. Maybe the big10 can just send them Indiana and Purdue out of the kindness of their hearts.

Arizona State is in Tempe, which is a suburb of Phoenix.

Arizona is in Tucson, which, while not exceedingly far from Phoenix, definitely isn't in that area.

I'm sure that Arizona would have a nice following at the Fiesta Bowl. But, it would be essentially a home game for Arizona State.

I was referring to the state itself, not the University's. :)

Of course, you're right. It would be a home game for ASU, but I'd bet OSU would have more butts in the seats.

I was referring to the state itself, not the University's. :)

Of course, you're right. It would be a home game for ASU, but I'd bet OSU would have more butts in the seats.

Oh, gotcha. Reading comprehension and I have never been that close of friends.