College Football Thread v6.0

bicranium

Pelini was supposed to be great as a defensive coach, much like Muschamp. Maybe both of them should just be defensive coordinators. Michigan needs to hit a homerun with their head coaching hire. If you don't think Michigan being great again is good for the B10 and Ohio State than you are crazy. I love beating Michigan as much as the next guy, but it's even sweeter when they are actually good.

Michigan should be 12-1 or 11-2 every year. They should lose to Ohio State every year and occasionally lose to some other good B10 team, like Michigan State or Penn State (when they are back to being good).

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wisconsin would be a top 15 team if they were in the SEC. They have two quality losses, 1 against mighty LSU, who has 4 quality losses, and 1 against NW, who just beat a ND, who has 2 quality losses against FSU and ASU. Because the quality of losing matters in the SEC.

10/10

Michigan should be 12-1 or 11-2 every year. They should lose to Ohio State every year and occasionally lose to some other good B10 team, like Michigan State or Penn State (when they are back to being good).

That's what I want honestly. Having OSU finish the season against a top 5-8 team (Michigan) and then another top 15 (Big10 Championship game) would be huge. Instead they are going to finish up with Indiana (yeah they beat Missouri but they still suck) and Michigan before the B10 championship game. That doesn't really wow the committee in my opinion.

I'm not a B1G "rah rah" guy, but I want every team in the big ten to win every game except for one. Not because I want the BIG to be awesome, but because I want that loss to the Buckeyes to hurt like fire. I want cats to see OSU on their schedule and feel like it's the sword of Damocles hanging over them.

I'm not a B1G "rah rah" guy, but I want every team in the big ten to win every game except for one. Not because I want the BIG to be awesome, but because I want that loss to the Buckeyes to hurt like fire. I want cats to see OSU on their schedule and feel like it's the sword of Damocles hanging over them.

If Reddit is any indication, that loss was VT. Nobody wants to play us right now. Nobody.

Well, considering that a lot of B1G teams play other B1G teams, I think it will be difficult for all of them to only lose once... :)

I believe it. Tom Hermann found his nuts during that MSU game, and no I feel like he is trying to mushroom stamp every team we play. That sweep that we run with Jalin be fucking teams UP.

I was a huge critic of the game planning and play calling in general in several previous games. Not in recent ones, however.

I really get the sense that this team could be something special if given the chance to be in the playoffs. I just read this about Jalin Marshall and it kind of struck me as, damn these kids are taking shit real serious

"http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/11/jalin_marshalls_reaction_...

The former five-star recruit didn't speak with the media after the game Saturday or on Monday. But as several other Buckeyes talked to reporters on the indoor field at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center on Monday afternoon, another figure, in sweats, a winter hat and gloves, made his way out the side door of the indoor field out to the cold.

Small plows had cleared the snow from the outdoor fields at the Buckeyes' football headquarters, even though Monday is the players' usual day off. But this player made his way onto the field. Staying inside, in a perfect climate, wouldn't do any good. Two others soon joined him.

Someone began to punt.

Jalin Marshall, the upper reaches of Ohio Stadium visible behind him, began to catch those punts.

That's how he reacted."

I really get the sense that this team could be something special if given the chance to be in the playoffs. I just read this about Jalin Marshall and it kind of struck me as, damn these kids are taking shit real serious

"http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/11/jalin_marshalls_reaction_...

The former five-star recruit didn't speak with the media after the game Saturday or on Monday. But as several other Buckeyes talked to reporters on the indoor field at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center on Monday afternoon, another figure, in sweats, a winter hat and gloves, made his way out the side door of the indoor field out to the cold.

Small plows had cleared the snow from the outdoor fields at the Buckeyes' football headquarters, even though Monday is the players' usual day off. But this player made his way onto the field. Staying inside, in a perfect climate, wouldn't do any good. Two others soon joined him.

Someone began to punt.

Jalin Marshall, the upper reaches of Ohio Stadium visible behind him, began to catch those punts.

That's how he reacted."

That shows a ton of maturity and dedication. Bravo Jalin Marshall!!!

I remember Ted Ginn having some issues holding on to punts his freshman year. If Marshall ends up half as good as Ginn was on returns, then he'll be something special. Ginn is still the most explosive player I have watched at Ohio State and arguably top 5 in all of college football players I have watched. He put fear in the defense any time he touched the ball and made a 2 yard run into a highlight reel (Oklahoma state game comes to mind)

If that story about Jalin is legit (and I have no reason to think it isn't) then, I agree, dude is committed. My dad taught me a while back that in life, ocasionally you may find yourself in a moment/job/situation that is too big for you. In that situation, the ONLY thing that you can rely on is your will to persevere. People may hate on you for not being smart/educated/talented enough in that moment, but if you are committed, and you show it, then it will be hard for them to continue to hate.

Its hard to believe we are talking about a true freshman who had over a hundred yards and a TD in ways that make it seem like he "failed", but his reaction is all class.

Did you watch the video with the Jalin story? He's out in the cold catching punts lol. What has Mike Shanahan done outside of winning with John Elway? He was terrible in Washington (24-40 in case you're interested). Not to mention he is 62 years old with no college coaching experience. Most recruits he would be going after have no clue who he is outside of losing in Washington and feuding with RG3.

So next year, Ohio State could run something like this.. lol With Marshall, Miller and Barrett in the back field. It would be pretty interesting to watch. Probably more of a fantasy though. Just imagine these plays with much quicker and talented players.

LOL, that shit is just nuts. So many possibilities...

Did you watch the video with the Jalin story? He's out in the cold catching punts lol. What has Mike Shanahan done outside of winning with John Elway? He was terrible in Washington (24-40 in case you're interested). Not to mention he is 62 years old with no college coaching experience. Most recruits he would be going after have no clue who he is outside of losing in Washington and feuding with RG3.

The link you posted wasn't really a link, so there was no video to watch.

The link you posted wasn't really a link, so there was no video to watch.

Well that's strange, it worked for me haha. I'll see if I can get it to work for you guys as well. basically it's Jalin outside the WHAC in the freezing cold catching punt after punt after punt.

Try this

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/11/jalin_marshalls_reaction_to_fu.html#incart_more_sports

He'll be in the hall of fame, and he'll instantly legitimize either of those programs. If you think that walking into a recruits house with two superbowl rings on your fingers isn't going to get a reaction, you are nuts. And consider that he'll be able to look any legit recruit in the eye and say, "I know what it takes to win in the NFL, and I can get you ready for that". That would be a factor, without question.

Charlie Weis had superbowl rings, yet he wasn't able to do much in college. He was successful 2 years at Notre Dame (many argue that he did so with other coaches players), but struggled big time at Kansas. I just don't think Shanahan is the right guy for either Florida or Michigan, especially Michigan.

Link worked that time Josh. Seeing Jalin doing that makes me like him even more.

And I wouldn't not be excited about Mike Shanahan as a college football coach in the slightest. He's old, curmudgeonly, and can only manage to get into pissing contests with his QB in the media. I'd pass.

So next year, Ohio State could run something like this.. lol With Marshall, Miller and Barrett in the back field. It would be pretty interesting to watch. Probably more of a fantasy though. Just imagine these plays with much quicker and talented players.

Fuck, I hope we don't run some BS like this. Maybe every once and a while...

Couple of commitments in the last few days.

2016 DE John Cooper from Gahanna and 2015 OL Matt Burrell from Virginia both Buckeyes! Burrell is the 5th ranked OG in the class and a top 100 player. He was down to OSU, PSU and Tennessee, but had offers from a who's who of schools including Bama and Florida.