College Football Thread v6.0

bicranium

Cooper could end up being a 5*. Burrell is a weird looking dude but a monster on the field. I like how he just kinda came out of nowhere on Twitter yesterday to announce.

Here are some odds on the next UF HC... thought it was interesting.

Hugh Freeze 5/1

Brian Kelly 6/1

Bob Stoops 7/1

Jim Mora 9/1

Mike Gundy 10/1

Rich Rodriguez 12/1

Steve Spurrier 25/1

Jim McElwain 30/1

Gary Patterson 50/1

Dan Mullen 100/1

Gus Malzahn 100/1

Mike Shanahan 250/1

Thought Mullen would be higher and did not expect Freeze to be #1.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I happened to really start liking bama being around my in laws. And it helps they win a lot :)

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/55/55d2ca8862562a571088a0c03e8a08563454c0b1b45f225d7e1a553258b72c4a.jpg

I'm not putting OSU down. I simply said they need blow out wins to jump the big 12 schools. They didn't do that Saturday. Now you all can blame the weather but I can't blame the weather lol wat? And then you digress to start talking fantasy football and Bama doesn't play in snow. Lol. Yeah ok. Take your rose colored glasses off

Alabama: 33 vs. crappy WVU: 23, won by 10.

Alabama: 34 vs. crappy Tenn: 20, won by 14

Alabama: 20 vs. crappy LSU: 13, won by 7 in OT.

Please, tell me more about Bama's stellar blowouts. Only blowouts I see are against FAR inferior teams such as Fl Atl, Southern Miss, and Florida.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/55/55d2ca8862562a571088a0c03e8a08563454c0b1b45f225d7e1a553258b72c4a.jpg

Alabama: 33 vs. crappy WVU: 23, won by 10.

Alabama: 34 vs. crappy Tenn: 20, won by 14

Alabama: 20 vs. crappy LSU: 13, won by 7 in OT.

Please, tell me more about Bama's stellar blowouts. Only blowouts I see are against FAR inferior teams such as Fl Atl, Southern Miss, and Florida.

you are forgetting the most important game of all.

Alabama vs crappy Arkansas 14-13. Alabama didn't win that game, Arkansas lost that game.

Unless you went to the college and have school spirit you become a bandwagon fan for any team. How many of you attended OSU and graduated from there?

No, but there's a difference between rooting for whomever your wife lets you and being a fan of a team before AND after marriage. Saying things like, "I rooted for them because she did and because they win," makes you a bandwagon fan. :)

My wife is now an OSU fan. Previously didn't watch/care much about football.

...she's bandwagon OSU fan. :lol:

Unless you went to the college and have school spirit you become a bandwagon fan for any team. How many of you attended OSU and graduated from there?

You are confusing t shirt fans with bandwagon fans.

I have no allegence to a college as I never went. Seeing as my brother in law lives in tuscaloosa and works for the university, my wife and I both go to tuscaloosa to teach on occassions, she is from there and I have spent the past few years watching Bama it is only right that I like them. If the makes me a Bama bandwagon fan then that's what I am.

I will say I love tuscaloosa and the campus. Their campus is beautiful. Great place to go out as well.

So by your logic, you cannot root for a team unless you are 22+ years old? So I was a "bandwagon" fan when I was 13 watching the 02/03 national championship game?

All I'm saying is that at some point you became a fan for whatever reason. We all have our own reasons for liking a team. Some of us grew up liking a team (Chicago Bears for me, Buckeyes for a lot of you) sometimes you find a team later on in life. Like me liking Bama ( can't help the fact they just happened to have dominated college football past 5 years :gabe: )

Release tonight at 7:30.

I expect Oregon alabama fsu miss st in the order for top 4.

Agree. Unfortunately.

It strikes me that, if OSU was undefeated, we would be playing the FSU role. Everyone would be talking about whether or not we deserved to be in, but looking for ways to exclude us. In fact, we might STILL be out. Or we would be battling FSU for the 3/4 spot. Shit is ridiculous.

Watching PTI and they are talking about the Heisman. One of them made mention that Mariotta is having the best year of any qb's and his numbers are insane. It got me to wonder, just how insane are they and how do they compare to say Winston and Barrett right now

Mariotta: 2780yards, 29td's, 2int's, 67.1%, 184.6rating Rushing: 524yards, 5.9avg, 8td's (long of 61) 3,304 total yards and 37 td's

Winston: 2844yards, 18td's, 12int's, 65.8%, 147.4rating Rushing: 63yards, 1.7avg, 3td's (long of 28 yards) 2907 total yards and 21 td's

Barrett: 2356yards, 29td's, 8int's, 64%, 171.6rating Rushing: 771yards, 5.7avg, 9td's (long of 86 yards) 3127 total yards and 38 td's

Does Barrett get invited to NYC for the ceremony? I know there is still 2 regular season games to go but I think he has a good shot.

Jeffro, so they got 4 out of 25 right thus far haha. I saw where a website has a program to recreate the BCS (they use the ap instead of the harris poll). The mock BCS has it identical to the playoff, just think a lot of people hated the BCS, yet it's pretty much here still minus 2 games. They could've done the BCS with an extra 2 games and called it the playoffs.

Mariotta still has time to implode. This is right around the time that Oregon finds some way of fucking themselves over. Selfishly I'd like that - both for Ohio State's playoff chances and Barrett's Heisman chances.

I agree with jive and DJ on expected top 4 teams tonight.

I'm not worried about Ohio State's placement after tonight. I'm confident if they win out they will be in playoff.

I will be concerned if we have to play Wisky in CG game. Don't like how well they are running and how good of defense they are playing. Could be a repeat of last year's CG game...

I'm fine with these rankings. Though look at Ole Miss and Georgia lurking - just waiting to either strengthen a Miss State or Alabama win, or take their place in the event of an upset.

Chances of Tilley's Nightmare Scenario of 3 SEC teams in top 4: 25 percent.