College Football Thread v6.0

bicranium

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reflections on this past Saturday:

- Jalin Marshall is the new hotness. Really like how he had such a dominant come-back performance. Josh said he could be something special, and I agree. He's the type of guy that can take a game over with his skill. I really hope we continue to make him a focal point of the offense going forward.

- Our defense is going to get us killed. Seriously, shit needs to be better. We almost lost to an Indiana team that might not beat Pickerington North.

- Barrett was a longshot for the Heisman going into yesterday, and now I think he's pretty much out of consideration. Those INT's pretty much kill his chances when compared to Mariotta (who has like 2 INT's for the entire year). Barrett needed to pad his stats yesterday, and didn't. If the QB competition was less tough this year - say, if Mariotta wasn't doing as well - then Barrett would still be a viable candidate. I think he gets an invite this year, but doesn't win it. Next year though...

- Note, Barrett could put himself back into the thick of the race if (a) he goes absolutely bonkers the last two games and (b) Mariotta implodes at some point in his next two games. Unlikely to happen, but still a possibility, IMO.

- Ole Miss should be tossed out of the rankings. Seriously, GTFO of here with that shit. Zach's spot on: these fucking charlatans from the SEC have had their 15 minutes of fame and can exit stage left.

- Of course, Arkansas will be ranked like #19 in next poll, LOL.

- Ole Miss getting throttled helps Ohio State. If Miss State beats them, everyone will be like, "Oh well." If they lose to them, well, GTFO. Either way, Ohio State's playoff chances are helped with Ole Miss' ineptitude.

- I am absolutely convinced Florida State will lose one of its last two games before the playoff starts. Of course, Florida State will continue to troll me and the rest of CFB and win both of those games by a combined 3 points.

- UCLA is going to beat Oregon in Pac12 championship game. Write that down.

- speaking of UCLA, I love it when they and USC play each other and both wear the home jerseys. Seriously, that is some of the best looking stuff on a field, period.

I would add to Tilley's summary;

- The Minne-Wisky game might be interesting. Minnesota isn't anyones bitch, I'm not even sure who to root for in that game.

- I am nervous about a CCG against Wisky. The last two games we have played, the other team has had ONE weapon (the RB), and that guy still got off. We won, by virtue of our ability to put points on the board, but come on. Everyone in the state of Ohio knew that they were gonna run that guy, and he still gets 200? It's not like he's Adrian Peterson.

- The PAC12 is as good as the SEC, THIS YEAR. I thought UCLA was dead a few weeks ago, but man, they look good now. I don't know that I would be eager to go out west and play them in the Rose Bowl (if this were last year).

- I STILL think that if we win out, we're in.

Ole Miss down to 19, SEC still has 6 teams in coaches poll lol. I think Barrett gets an invite, he wasn't going to win anyways. One of those INTs wasn't really his fault as as it was tipped. I fully expect a close game this Saturday against Michigan. Idc what the records are, they will Gove osu a handful.

Reflections on this past Saturday:

- Jalin Marshall is the new hotness. Really like how he had such a dominant come-back performance. Josh said he could be something special, and I agree. He's the type of guy that can take a game over with his skill. I really hope we continue to make him a focal point of the offense going forward.

- Our defense is going to get us killed. Seriously, shit needs to be better. We almost lost to an Indiana team that might not beat Pickerington North.

- Barrett was a longshot for the Heisman going into yesterday, and now I think he's pretty much out of consideration. Those INT's pretty much kill his chances when compared to Mariotta (who has like 2 INT's for the entire year). Barrett needed to pad his stats yesterday, and didn't. If the QB competition was less tough this year - say, if Mariotta wasn't doing as well - then Barrett would still be a viable candidate. I think he gets an invite this year, but doesn't win it. Next year though...

- Note, Barrett could put himself back into the thick of the race if (a) he goes absolutely bonkers the last two games and (b) Mariotta implodes at some point in his next two games. Unlikely to happen, but still a possibility, IMO.

- Ole Miss should be tossed out of the rankings. Seriously, GTFO of here with that shit. Zach's spot on: these fucking charlatans from the SEC have had their 15 minutes of fame and can exit stage left.

- Of course, Arkansas will be ranked like #19 in next poll, LOL.

- Ole Miss getting throttled helps Ohio State. If Miss State beats them, everyone will be like, "Oh well." If they lose to them, well, GTFO. Either way, Ohio State's playoff chances are helped with Ole Miss' ineptitude.

- I am absolutely convinced Florida State will lose one of its last two games before the playoff starts. Of course, Florida State will continue to troll me and the rest of CFB and win both of those games by a combined 3 points.

- UCLA is going to beat Oregon in Pac12 championship game. Write that down.

- speaking of UCLA, I love it when they and USC play each other and both wear the home jerseys. Seriously, that is some of the best looking stuff on a field, period.

This. Once again I have to fully agree with Tilley.

...it's weird.

Be interesting to see what he does moving forward. Could start a little domino effect.

OSU landed 3* OT Branden Bowen out of Utah tonight as expected. 6'7", 330lbs. So that's 3 potential tackle prospects in this class with him, Schmidt (6'6"+) and Feder (listed at 6'9"). Burrell is the closest thing to a "superstar" as far as the OL commits are concerned but after seeing what Warinner has done with this year's OL... I don't think it matters. He'll take whatever he's given and get results.

Predictions on rankings for tomorrow?

Do we jump TCU since they were idol?

Does UCLA creep within striking distance of us?

Stay tuned for AS COLLEGE FOOTBALL TURNS.

I bet we sit right where we are.

Alabama

Oregon

Miss state

Fl State

TCU

Ohio State

Baylor

UCLA

Yeah, I don't see any changes either. Only thing to worry about is Baylor moving ahead of OSU. They beat Okie St. by 21 (a team FSU only beat by 6 but FSU doesn't beat anyone by more than a TD this year). The playoff committee seems to be in love with the "game control" score from ESPN's Football Power Index. Baylor's vs. Okie St. was 82 (100 is the highest). OSU's vs. Indiana was 62. For the record, OSU's highest game control score this season was vs. MSU. 97 out of a possible 100.

Yeah, I don't see any changes either. Only thing to worry about is Baylor moving ahead of OSU. They beat Okie St. by 21 (a team FSU only beat by 6 but FSU doesn't beat anyone by more than a TD this year). The playoff committee seems to be in love with the "game control" score from ESPN's Football Power Index. Baylor's vs. Okie St. was 82 (100 is the highest). OSU's vs. Indiana was 62. For the record, OSU's highest game control score this season was vs. MSU. 97 out of a possible 100.

Ok St. also had their starting QB in the FSU game. I believe he was injured not too long after that game.

Ok St. also had their starting QB in the FSU game. I believe he was injured not too long after that game.

I thought I had heard that somewhere.

Also, unrelated but wanted to mention it, Urban told the team if anyone throws a punch like last year in The Game they're dismissed.