College Football Thread v6.0

bicranium

This is where I secretly love teams like USC and Miami of the 1980s/early 2000s - they manhandled all kinds of top ranked teams.

Ohio State has been historically fantastic at beating teams they should beat and underperforming against teams that are equally as good as them, IMHO.

Beating LSU in their stadium at any time in the past decade is impressive. They don't lose there often. In fact, under Miles (which has been since 2005, I think), they have only lost like 4 times at home.

So, yeah, Bama beating LSU at LSU would be, in my opinion, a whole lot more impressive that Oregon beating Utah. I have to side with ESPN and the resident Bammer on this one.

Stop making sense. Your logic makes it hard to disagree. That being said, I have to agree.

Miami/USC back then dominated. OSU usually does what OSU is expected to. When you look at LSU/Utah, LSU at home IS tough, regardless of the rest of the season.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think beating Oklahoma at home would be far more impressive than beating LSU at home, but I get what you're saying. As I said earlier, if Bama wins out it's hard to argue against them as they will be the SEC champion. I just have a huge problem with 2 SEC teams getting into the playoffs

I think beating Oklahoma at home would be far more impressive than beating LSU at home, but I get what you're saying. As I said earlier, if Bama wins out it's hard to argue against them as they will be the SEC champion. I just have a huge problem with 2 SEC teams getting into the playoffs

Oklahoma? Where the hell did they come into the conversation? I thought we were comparing beating LSU to beating Utah?

But, now that we're talking about Oklahoma, you think beating Oklahoma at home would be "far more" impressive than beating LSU at home? I'd say it would be about the same in terms of impressiveness - I wouldn't call one "far more" impressive than the other. You would?

Oklahoma has lost 2 times (maybe 3 including KSU this year) I believe at home since 1999 lol. It looks like LSU has lost 7 under Miles at home (05-current)

2005: 5-1-0

2006: 8-0-0

2007: 6-1-0

2008: 5-3-0

2009: 6-1-0

2010: 7-0-0

2011: 6-0-0

2012: 7-1-0

2013: 7-0-0

Sorry my scatter brain has me off topic again. I read beating LSU at home being impressive and thought about Oklahomas impressive home record. Carry on

Oklahoma has lost 2 times (maybe 3 including KSU this year) I believe at home since 1999 lol. Sorry my scatter brain has me off topic again. I read beating LSU at home being impressive and thought about Oklahomas impressive home record. Carry on

Yeah, I knew Oklahoma had a great home record, but - Christ - only losing 3 times since 1999? Is that for real?

Not many but when he did they were big:

01 Wisconsin, 01 #12 Illinois

05 #2 Texas

07 Illinois

08 #3 Penn State

09 #3 USC

So 6 home losses under Tress

You start looking at Stoops record and you will be mind blown, that guy wins a lot. Les has a crazy record of 0 regular season losses to out of conference opponents. Granted LSU plays absolutely nobody out of conference, but still a cool stat.

Don't let ESPN find out. They may kill themselves.

It's a running joke on another site I post on that Indiana is the current SEC East champ. That was started the second the clock hit 0:00 in that game due to Mizzou winning the East last year but if they win it this year too... the lulz will be immense.

Came from ESPN's Bottom 10.

Sorry they have lost 6 homes games under Stoops including this years loss to KSU. Not bad for a 16 year span haha

Remember they play Texas on a neutral field

10-7 since 99

10-7 in bowl games too

Neutral field doesn't count as a home game, they are talking legit home games played in Norman. I just don't find beating LSU to be more impressive than Utah as I don't feel this years LSU team is anything overly exciting. In years past, yes I would easily agree that beating LSU would be a much better feat. However, this is not past LSU teams but I sure hope they pull off the upset on Saturday.

Neutral field doesn't count as a home game, they are talking legit home games played in Norman. I just don't find beating LSU to be more impressive than Utah as I don't feel this years LSU team is anything overly exciting. In years past, yes I would easily agree that beating LSU would be a much better feat. However, this is not past LSU teams but I sure hope they pull off the upset on Saturday.

I think he is just saying one of their toughest games annually is a neutral game, so the stat is skewed

Cool trailer for this weekend's game...

Seems Armani Reeves may be out for this game. No confirmation out there as to why. Have read everything from concussion to academics to him being part of the failed drug tests that got Rod Smith booted. He's definitely improved since last year but still a liability at times on defense. But he's always been a huge asset on kickoff coverage so that'll be something to keep an eye on.