Saturday, November 15th: Hangout Opens!

Doc1647545523

So, in case you're new to the Hangout, it's an office and attached garage space on the south side of Delaware which becomes a cold-weather alternative to the Sawmill/Polaris parking lot meets. All CR members are welcome.

In a room which serves as a free clinic two days a month, there's Foosball, a 55" screen TV with XB360 ready to go, Forza 4 with wheel/pedal simulator setups, Forza Horizon.

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/lineup2.jpg

There is an adjacent office for people to get away from the noise, if they so desire.

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/office.jpg

There is also a heated shop area for work on your car, but only basic tools available and no lifts.

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/hangout/012.jpg

Please do not bring alcohol or drugs on the premises. A good variety of non-alcoholic drinks are provided free. You are welcome to bring food along or order pizza for delivery.

You're welcome to poke around my cars, but don't expect a museum experience. If a car or motorcycle is covered, then it is not mine; please be respectful and don't snoop. :p

Stay as late as you want. Restrooms are on-site. Large bay windows allow you to keep an eye on your car from the office and waiting room. The front door will open at 10:00 p.m. The hangout is smoke-free, but you can smoke right outside the front door and use the smokers' station. Please do not throw butts in the parking lot or in the shrubbery. You can use e-cigs in the garage but not in the offices.

In case you haven't been there, here are directions:

Howald Industrial Park

320 London Road, Suite 101 (in Building 100, first building on left as you enter the park)

Delaware, Ohio

(across from the intersection of London Road & Liberty Road)

the place is 14 miles north of Home Depot/Sawmill

it is 1.5 miles from the large Jegs Warehouse at Route 42 and London Road

If you are coming from Columbus, it's easy to just go north on US 23 to the first Delaware exit (South Sandusky Street), exit to the left but turn right on Sandusky St., then go about a mile and turn left onto London Road at the McDonalds. The place will be on your right just after the Delco Drive Through.

If you are coming from Sawmill, go directly north on Sawmill Road until it ends at the Hyatts Road Roundabout. Turn right (east) on Hyatts Road, go into the village of Hyatts, turn left (north) on Liberty Road. Liberty road dead ends at the industrial park (turn left onto London Road, then immediately right, into the park).

Questions/problems: Text me at 740-405-5565.

I hope to see you Saturday night. :)

• Upvote 1

I just finished getting the place ready for the season. Frig is full, heat turned on, fresh batteries in all the remotes, game and movie discs ready. Do we have four or more coming tonight? The wash bay is spoken for from 7-9 .... that is the only confirmed member so far.

If we don't have four planning to come, we'll postpone opening until next weekend.

Once they begin in the cold season, I'm agreeable to opening the Hangout Friday and Saturday nights provided there are four or more CR members confirmed to attend. Fewer than that and I suggest they just meet at a restaurant rather than driving to Delaware.

Sometimes it gets old if it's the same four or five all the time and we open every weekend, so if I've got other priorities for the weekend, I usually request we only open one day rather than two. On the other hand, some nights we have over twenty there and people want another night to come back that weekend.

So I guess the short answer is this: scheduling is random and determined by threads on CR.

I've tried opening earlier than 10, but people still roll in about 10.