ok, fess up...who owns this...

Geeto67

...and how do you get rid of that permanent smile/constant fear of death?

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/4770011434.html

Stuffed inside this sexy, light weight Mazda Miata body is a Ford 302 V8. It's coupled to a 5-speed BW T-5 transmission. The undercarriage has been upgraded with aluminum frame rails to ensure the car doesn't twist itself into a pretzel when you stomp on the pedal. The rumble of the Ford V8 announces the arrival of this muscular Miata, letting everyone know it's not your average Japanese sports car. Keeping the Miata stuck to the ground are coil-over KYB adjustable shocks on the front, KYB adjustable shocks on the rear. Conversion took me approx. one year (kit was not purchased) and completed in 2005 (mileage158K + 10K) and the new engine installed in fall of 2010 (2K miles on new engine). All welding was done by a certified welder and sub-frame modifications are patterned after the Monster Miata kit. Price 21,250.00

Engine & Power Train

330+ HP 1991 Ford 302 block fitted w/ Speed Pro Hyper Alum Pistons (matched bored), Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads, 1.6 FMS rockers, E303 cam & lifters, High volume oil pump, Explorer GT-40P alum intakes

Borg-Warner T-5 five speed transmission w/ HD racing clutch & custom drive shaft

Ford 7.5 Thunderbird rear diff / 3.27 gears with limited slip

Summit MSD coil and K&N air filter

Modified Ford Cobra headers wrapped with heat-tape

Custom 2-1/2" dual exhausts with H-pipe and cats

Summit heavy-duty electric cooling fan with automatic temperature switch

Summit Griffin (Ford) aluminum racing radiator

Chassis

MB Seven X 15 x 7 chrome wheels w/ 205/55/15 Yokohama S Drive directional tires

Brakes upgraded w/ 10" rotors & calipers from 1.8L Miata donor (ceramic pads)

Moss Heavy-duty front & rear sway bars

Summit KYB coil-over 8-way adjustable shocks on front with 450# Cobra springs

Summit KYB 8-way adjustable shocks on rear with upgrades coil springs

Exterior / Paint: Classic Red

Custom functional ram-air style aluminum hood w/gas strut

Custom stainless steel roll-bar (Hard Dog style)

Custom aluminum frame support rails

Matching body color factory hard top

Moss front turn signal air scoops

Moss fiberglass rear deck lid spoiler w/gas strut & Classic chrome Cobra style fuel lid

Moss "waffle-style" front intake grille

Interior / Black

Katzkin leather black & silver seat covers w/ lumbar supports

Katzkin leather black & silver door panels

Katzkin black & silver leather shifter boot

Moss "Roadster" black & silver custom floor mats

Panasonic AM/FM/CD stereo system with built-in amp

Dual speakers mounted in tops of both buckets

Dual high-way "blaster" horn upgrade

Extras included

:barf:

This ^ I would take the 1991 mustang the v8 came in a million times over. It woulEd do everything better than this.

Edit: selling 1990 miata swap candidate. Has better roll bar, brakes, suspension, wheels, tires, sway bar, less miles and a rarer color for $18k. Just add $1k 302 and $1k tranny.

Sadly it costs and arm and a leg to V8 these turds. Almost to the point it's not worth doing. For whatever reason which is beyond me, swapped RX7's are the same way.

You're doing it wrong. Look at Sam and JP. Hell, I am 4g swapping my RX-7 and will be in it for way less than 5k.

You're doing it wrong. Look at Sam and JP. Hell, I am 4g swapping my RX-7 and will be in it for way less than 5k.

Correct.

For whatever reason an already swapped car fetches a premium, but its easy to make it cheap. More and more it seems people would rather pay than mod. I blame hipsters

Only time its not super cheap is if you use an AL block, real Ls1/2/3/9, and/or a T56. Even a 99 Camaro Ls1/T56 drop out still goes for $3500+ (where as a 5.3/T530 or 400 can be had for $6-800 complete) I just got lucky finding a pile-o' parts for dirt that included a real Ls1 and T56