High-end Salvage/Rebuilt title cars

coltboostin

Since Viper's are constructed liked kit cars, the damage that is seen is typically the tip of the iceberg. There isn't much adjustability in the front end parts and they need to align well to Make things work. A light hit on these cars can be time consuming and costly.

Let me know if you want someone to drive it back for you...

Well, guy would take 25k, but after seeing this

http://www.carsforsale.com/used-cars-for-sale/2004-dodge-viper-chicago-il-248124617

With a supposed clean title, I am going to wait it out before I pull the trigger on anything. Market is all over the place.

You know my cell ;)

Text a brotha!

Just happened to hop online and see the PM. PM returned.

Thanks-

And will do-was just easier to PM while at work. ;)

Please buy a "fun car" that has no zip ties, so I can say I've seen it all. :masturboy:

I'll find somewhere to put a zip tie on-would not feel right without it.

Let me know if you want someone to drive it back for you...

I'd fly down- I don't to the "buy online, ship it, hope for the best". I would go down there with a duffle bag, and if I like it stroke the check and take it home. I just don't trust the net/random people. Way too many scams out there.

so I have to ask...are you going to daily drive it? because in my head that would be the only reason to buy a salvage viper - the resale is already gutted so might as well use it like a regular car.

Otherwise, I would say just look for a clean high mileage example that is in your price range.

so I have to ask...are you going to daily drive it? because in my head that would be the only reason to buy a salvage viper - the resale is already gutted so might as well use it like a regular car.

Otherwise, I would say just look for a clean high mileage example that is in your price range.

High miles in general is hard to find. I'd buy one with 100k without hesitation, if I could find one with 100k!!!:mad:

DD? No I have an AWD for winter, but I'd drive the fucker int he snow just to be a dick :)

Really? I was just looking at two on cars.com that were "high mileage". One had 129,000 miles and the other was 110K and there was a third that was drug dealer yellow with 95,000. they were all early 2000s GTS coupes. Is there a specific generation you are looking for? there seem to be a decent number of them in the 50K to 70K mileage range.

I guess my thinking on it is that if you were looking at a salvage car, then who cares if you take it to the mall and park it next to two Honda odyssey minivans, or let the valet park it, or drive it in the rain, or take it to a McDonald's drive through, or gut the interior weld in a roll bar and give that guy at the SCCA auto-x's with the mini can am car a run for the money.

Really? I was just looking at two on cars.com that were "high mileage". One had 129,000 miles and the other was 110K and there was a third that was drug dealer yellow with 95,000. they were all early 2000s GTS coupes. Is there a specific generation you are looking for? there seem to be a decent number of them in the 50K to 70K mileage range.

I guess my thinking on it is that if you were looking at a salvage car, then who cares if you take it to the mall and park it next to two Honda odyssey minivans, or let the valet park it, or drive it in the rain, or take it to a McDonald's drive through, or gut the interior weld in a roll bar and give that guy at the SCCA auto-x's with the mini can am car a run for the money.

Prefer Gen 3 for the 30k mark. For what I would do, rebuilt 25k Gen 3 > 35k high Miles Gen 2 with a clean title.